Grilled a killer steak tonight - w/pic

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
Dinner was supposed to be leftovers, but I had a craving for a really good steak, so on the way home I stopped off at the butcher and picked up two top notch steaks.. not too thick....

Quick shot of worstershire sauce, then kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.... Grilled just the way I like it med rare/medium... Hit the spot....

Last edited:
Nice grill marks. I like a single flip on my steaks also. When I worked at a steak place they made us turn them 45 halfway between the sear on each side to get the classic diamond grill marks. It always felt like lying.

Good looking steaks, I have no personal favorite for grill marks, but if I want em to look pretty, then the diamond burn looks better.

How did you serve the steak. I like a little compound garlic/herb butter on mine. Makes for its own steak sauce.

nice, do you season with salt after you cook the steak? I have heard that salt is bad on steak before it is grilled

As long as you dont salt it too long before cooking you wont have a problem with it. Salt will suck all the moisture out if left on too long. Always use kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.

Good lookin steak......just got hungry all of a sudden. On a airplane for vegas in a couple of hours. better grab something afor I get there cause peanuts don't fill me up much!

That looks great. I had 2 beautiful steaks last night also (bone-in-Ribeyes). Speacial cut at my Butcher shop at about 20 oz. each.
My wife grilled them and tripped on the way in the door and dropped them both on the floor.
Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ate the baked potatoe and threw the steaks in the garbage.
Smoke That!!!!!!

That looks great. I had 2 beautiful steaks last night also (bone-in-Ribeyes). Speacial cut at my Butcher shop at about 20 oz. each.
My wife grilled them and tripped on the way in the door and dropped them both on the floor.
Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke That!!!!!!

You should have invoked the 5 second rule, or however long it actually took you to get them off the floor. I used to do it all the time and it drove my wife nuts. I don't do it any more ... at least as far as she knows!

40 oz. of good steak? I think I'll cry.

OK, so I might have actually wiped or rinsed it off and thrown back on the grill to kill anything. Even a well done steak is better than no steak at all.

Vinny, very nice looking steaks there!

Your are right Timz Man. I should have done that exactly, but, hey, I was drinking my dinner, so it didn't matter much!!!!
PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!!

And the directions to the Squatters place in Merrick are???? That sure looks tasty.

Les

Dinner was supposed to be leftovers, but I had a craving for a really good steak, so on the way home I stopped off at the butcher and picked up two top notch steaks.. not too thick....

Quick shot of worstershire sauce, then kosher salt and fresh ground pepper.... Grilled just the way I like it med rare/medium... Hit the spot....

See, it's pictures like that what get me stopping at Peoria Packing on the way home from work, and smoking swiss steak or a rib roast, or grilling a ribeye. Once again, I blame it on the Brethren, fattie or no fattie...

We had NY Strips last night. Sorry ... didn't think to take pics ... had a hard enough time with our 7 year old girl trying to eat her steak as I walked through the door with it.

The way she loves steak ... brings a tear to my eye :wink:

Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke That!!!!!!

I'm with timz, evoke the 5 second rule, 10 second rule heck even the infield fly rule:roll: I couldn't throw 2 20oz ribeyes in the trash:twisted:

Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Smoke That!!!!!!

That's a sad story...bout brought tears to my eyes.

Back