Maverick ET-732

scottjess

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi guys.

I was wondering if any of you have the Maverick ET-732; is this a good wireless thermometer? do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks for your insight.

I have both the older model
Maverick and the newer one. The only problem I have had with the probes, is I have to be careful not to pinch them with lids.

I imagine if you were to throw the probes and cables in a sink of water, then there may be issues, but I have had them out in some pretty heavy rains with no issues.

The older model maverick was not sealed where the probes connected to the outdoor transmitter, and there was some moisture issues there, but that was solved with the newer model.

Yes, that's what I said? There is a rubber seal that is not water proof. It fell in a pot of hot milk making yogurt.

Looks like I will be ordering one of these then.
Thank guys :) you are awesome.

Quick question.

I have been reading some earlier reviews on the Maverick ET-732 and alot of people were having problems with the meat probs crapping out after a couple of smokes.
Do you know if this issue has been fixed by Maverick?

Replacement probes cost $20 and shipping to get to New Zealand is another $30 and I really cant see my self shelling out another $50 if the prob craps it's self soon after buying the unit.

thanks.

I had probe problems with my 732 and another model I have (732's predecessor). Anytime moisture, either from the meat or the spray bottle, would seep in to the shielding I'd get HHH or some wild azz temp reading. One of the Brethren (wish I could remember which one) told me about using shrink wrap I have wrapped all my probes and ever since then I have never had a problem. Thanks to that Brethren, my problem was solved. That's one of the many reasons I love this site so much!

Last edited:
Back