Youth group fundraiser

getyourrubonbbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Sunday I cooked 24 butts and 7 packers for my sons youth group. They set their own pricing and sold sandwiches and whole pieces and made just over $1000 in 2 1/2 hours.:clap2: They are trying to get things together for their summer church camps and I'm just glad I was able to help out. Here's a pic and still had 3 briskets that needed to go on.

35041_1492922452485_1516743286_1193694_6649133_n.jpg

awesome job... as a former youth pastor I can tell you how much (s)he appreciated the help.

Nice job! Both kids are in my church youth group, its a big expense!

BTW... YOU CANT JUST TAKE A PIC OF UNCOOKED MEAT! Thats just torture!:p

That's awesome! Would you be willing to tell me how you and the church set everything up for the fundraiser (where it was at, how you got the word out, do you need a vender's license of some kind, etc.) I was thinking of hosting a BBQ Fundraiser for my 3-year-old son for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundations Walk to Cure Diabetes this year, but aside from cooking the food I don't know the first thing about hosting the event.

Info on the walk:
http://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmid=87686270

That's awesome! Would you be willing to tell me how you and the church set everything up for the fundraiser (where it was at, how you got the word out, do you need a vender's license of some kind, etc.) I was thinking of hosting a BBQ Fundraiser for my 3-year-old son for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundations Walk to Cure Diabetes this year, but aside from cooking the food I don't know the first thing about hosting the event.

Info on the walk:
http://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmid=87686270
@nebraska- did you ever get the church fundraiser thing done as no one responded to your post??

Fantastic news. Congrats to all of you on a job well done.

Back