More Cookoff pictures-Hawg Stop Oct 2006

Here are some more cookoff pictures. They girls turned the tables on us on this one and decided it was their turn to have the fun. My wife is the one having the most fun with the spray bottle

http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=2wibmj4j.2ih4qlvn&Uy=178nqc&Ux=0

I did pretty well at this one too. I got 2nd place brisket and 4th place spare ribs. The picture of the guy with the trophies is me. The killer dog in the pictures belongs to me. That dog is vicious. As you can see the weather bit me and tore up my pop up tents.

Warning-wet boxer contest. Girls idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Additional warning!

Stop at the money shot!!

My eyes!

I'll second that! Great group of pix up to that point!

What a group of pits...

Ouch! I think it's the white wet shorts that did me in!

And I thought my team were the only ones who wore bras!:shock:

I noticed from the first few photos you seem to have tent issues alott

Bigjim4x said:
I noticed from the first few photos you seem to have tent issues alott

Thats why I have the new ez-up brand. Its good quality.

SinginBob said:
Ouch! I think it's the white wet shorts that did me in!

And I thought my team were the only ones who wore bras!:shock:

I hope your cups are bigger!:mrgreen:

Is it a requirement that you have a texas made smoker in these contests? All I saw were Pitts & Spitts, Klose, Gator and New Braunfels.

Don't recall seeing a single WSM...

Bigmista said:
Is it a requirement that you have a texas made smoker in these contests? All I saw were Pitts & Spitts, Klose, Gator and New Braunfels.

Don't recall seeing a single WSM...

No, its not required. However, we in Texas are proud to be Texans. Thats why we never ask a person where he is from. Ifin he is from Texas he or she will let you know. Ifin he or she is not from Texas why embarrass them?

Seriously, all pits are welcome as long as you are not using gas or electricity to cook with.

I grew up in Texas and will be moving back there in a year or two so I know what you mean. It was just interesting that there was not a huge variation in the types of pits at the contest.

Bigmista said:
It was just interesting that there was not a huge variation in the types of pits at the contest.

I am new to the sport, so maybe I just dont know what all of the variations are. I would love to see cookoff pictures from other states. I try to take a picture or two of everybodies pit at each event I cook. This way people can see them.

Great Pics, Mop Bucket. Glad to find ya' here Im used to seeing you at The Ring!!

Great pics. Could have lived without the wet boxer contest.

Back