• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

looking for a new rub sauce combo for ribs

solheim

Reaction score
I have used Obieque sweet n heat and Blues Hog Original just looking for something new.

I use Mike Mill's Magic Dust, and Dr. BBQ's Big Time BBQ sauce. Never had a complaint.

It's hard to beat a combo that you have home made and tweaked to perfection.
With that being said, my vote goes to Harley's BBQ rub with a light glaze of slow poke spicy apple BBQ sauce. It's easy and available for me. Plowboys yardbird is pretty good. My buddy that just cleaned the 120 entry field at our last cookoff only uses Harley's and Williams rib tickler and sweet baby rays original cut with vinegar and wild mustang grape jelly.

I use a Cajun rub with Old Carolina screamin beaver sauce tangy sweet fiery heat. Love it has a nice bite without loseing the taste of the meat.

I is hard to beat Yardbird and at my last cook we ran into a sauce problem and made do with some Corky's cut with honey. I personally thought it was just okay - nothing to scream about but everyone came up and wanted to know what the sauce was and was full of good things to say.

I have used plow boys maybe I should look at that again along with a different sauce Blues hog is very good though.

1st layer of Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub and then 2nd layer of Simply Marvelous Sweet Seduction Rub. Glaze with a light layer of bone suckin sauce 30mins before pulling off the smoker.

I like "Super Smokers Kansas City" sauce on ribs.The other day I stopped at one of those road side BBQ stands for lunch and man that was the best BBQ sauce ive ever had.Ima see if I can find them again and buy a bottle of it.

I personally prefer a little genie with some poppa. Try the Simply Marvelous cherry or pecan and top layer it with Big Poppa's Sweet Money. I take a spicier bbq sauce and reduce it down with some apple juice, perfect combo.

EAT BBQ(Rod Gray -Pellet Envy) new all purpose rub is good. His "Next big thing" sauce is good too if you like sweet. Glazes really nice too.

Have you tried the Blues Hog dry rub? If not, pick some up and try that.

I like it with a glaze of Blues Hog Tennessee Red.

Well I'm going to try Williams rib tickler for sure and maybe some of the cherry rub and more Blues hog and I'd like to try the spicy apple bbq sauce. Anyone used bone sucken rub?

I am not much of a sweet rub guy but don't want to light a fire in my mouth either! Any suggestions on a rub that has just a small kick and what sauce to use with it?

IMO - Plowboys yardbird with BH is an amazing combo. That being said, any rub from Steph (Simply Marvelous) is worth using. I have done a light layering of season all, let it rehydrate then go back over it with a coat of sweet seduction. I will then glaze with my sauce or BH 50/50 20-30 minutes before pulling.

Blues Hog and Blues Hog. It's all just so damn good.

Been mixing the red and original 50/50 lately. Family loves it.

Back