Cooking Class cancersuckschicago.com/QUAU

Scottie

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Looks like we will be having our 4th Annual cancersuckschicago.com/QUAU competition cooking class/fundraiser on February 16-17th, 2013. The class will begin on Saturday afternoon and finish on Sunday afternoon. The class will be in Hinsdale, IL and will cover all aspects, techniques and flavors for a successful and award winning BBQ. Mike Wozniak will specifically cover ribs and pork this year, but as always, Mike is willing to discuss evcerything BBQ.

The class will be on a KCBS timeline. I will not have the Applications available yet, but mark your calendars and I will have the applications ready by next weekend. Because this class is through our 501c(3) foundation, I need to do all monies for the 2013 calendar year, which is why I am not releasing the application forms.

We will also have special rates at a local hotel and will also provide dinner and breakfast at the class. There will also be a goody bag that is filled with products from sponsors, sponsors of the class and from my BBQ team.

So mark your calendar for those dates! The class will have limited seating and I am figuring we will fill the hall once again this year with students.

As always, a portion (last year it was $250) of the class fee will be a tax deductible donation to our foundation. Our foundation raises money for cancer research and to assist those that are effected by cancer. We have raised over $60,000 just from these competition BBQ classes the first 3 years. As a foundation, we will have donated over $300,000 to help fight cancer!

Hope to see you there!

Cancer Sucks!

Scottie

I took this class last year and I can say this class was great and highly recommended it to anyone. Even my first KCBS competition after taking this class, I was competing against Scottie and he came over to give me some pointers. I wound up getting 2 walks and Rookie of the Year at that comp. He's good people.

Scottie ROCKS!

Great class.
Highly recommend it.
Also serves a GREAT cause too.

Can't say anything but great things about this class! You will not be disappointed learning from 2 Jack World Champs AND you get to put your foot in cancer's ass!

Excellent class!

I think my goody bag had $200+ worth of sauce, rubs, injections, charcoal, wood, pellets, tshirt, and apron.

As soon as the form is available get signed up, it fills up quickly. Scottie, Lizann, Mike and Beth are fantastic teachers and great ambassadors of the BBQ community. I took this class in spring 2012 and it really helped me figure out timing and butchering techniques.

As for the cause, I can't say enough about everything Scottie has done to support the foundation and help stop this disease. He is truly selfless in his efforts.

Wonderful! I live nearby and I'm just getting started in the competition BBQ scene so I'm hoping I get a spot in the class. Also very happy to contribute to fighting a disease that affects so many. Thanks again!

I've received a few PM's about getting a registration for the class. I'll be releasing it on Friday or Saturday. The reason I do this is for the IRS. We are a 501c3 and it's not a real good thing to have a large balance in uncashed checks and/or sitting in a PayPal account at the end of a calendar year. We Already have gift bag products coming in. I might need a bigger bag...

Cancer Sucks!

Excellent class....learning from two great cooks is priceless!!!

I failed to attach the application for the class.

We do have limited seating at the new facility, so sign up early, as the class has sold out every year.

Hope to see you there!

Cancer Sucks!

Attachments

• cooking class registration.pdf
    150.9 KB · Views: 75
Thanks Scottie and Mike for a great class, it was a lot of fun and very informative!

Great Class! Thank You Scottie/family and Mike and Beth.

CANCER SUCKS!

Thanks guys. I know the CSC and QUAU teams have fun putting on the class.

Exhausted today though! :)

Thanks Scottie and family and Mike & Beth for a great class. I look foreward to seeing both teams down the road. Good luck and safe travels.

Back