• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Rotisserie on a UDS

Garrett

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
After repairing the lid from it getting blown off when I was baking the paint on a few weeks ago, I found this Masterforge rotisserie on a clearance sale at Lowes for $17. Took about 20 minutes to install it. I had to try it out. Got some white beans in the crock pot and plan to make white chili.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352837072.056833.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1352837103.425173.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1352837125.878748.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1352837174.573201.jpg

I like it very nice! Could i bother you for more info on the install ?

I have two racks in mine. I didn't want to make notch in the top of the barrel even tho it would be easier to place it and remove it. So I measured the spit rod and made my holes 1/8" larger, 3" down from top of barrel. Took a few minutes to make sure the rod was dead center of holes before mounting the brackets that hold it in place. May not be the best way but I didn't want to notch it and mess with the lid sealing.

With no way to remove the spit rod without sliding it out, how'd ya get that bird out of there??

With no way to remove the spit rod without sliding it out, how'd ya get that bird out of there??

On some you can actually undo the brackets that hold the food to the spit rod. Or he could pull it until the end is INSIDE the UDS, then slide the chicken off.

I just used my Weber rotisserie and sealed the rim with foil.
Picture136-1.jpg

On some you can actually undo the brackets that hold the food to the spit rod. Or he could pull it until the end is INSIDE the UDS, then slide the chicken off.

I understand that, just seems like a pain in the rear.

The problem I have with hard mounting a rotisserie on a drum is that you will find it a bitch to deal with.
With a ring you can lift the whole setup off instead of standing over a flaming charcoal basket trying to wrestle that bird off the spit or trying to thread the rod with meats on and likely dumping them into the barrel. There is no way a Rib-O-Lator will be of any use in that setup.
It looks like you are cooking with an indirect setup, which is blasphemy IMHO. Let us know how it works out for you!

IMG_3147.jpg

100_3222.jpg

IMG_1328.jpg

100_2209.jpg

100_2205.jpg

but thats just me

It actually worked out pretty good. I removed the handle and slid the other end out of the motor and was able lift to that side up and removed it with no problems.

Back