Show your BBQ Area

Now I've seen everything. A WSM takes the place of a Bentley!

Forget coming to Augusta for the Master's; I'm going to AMROCKS.

Do you leave the bar set up like this all the time, or is this pretty-for-the-picture shot? I could see there being a load of pine pollen on everything in the spring.

It is open all year except for main pollen season about 2 months. During that time I have tarps made that attach to the surrounding step and the support beam. That closes the bar in enough to help keep most of the pollen out. some still gets in but it is manageable. The dish washer helps with the pollen vs glass. A good friend of mine said I should rent my place for masters week but I can't bring myself to do it. I would be okay if I hosted the stay but it would be hard to trust the partying in my absence. But hey if the price is right!! :becky:

Here's my current setup...
patio.20110709.1.jpg

I posted a page or so back my plans. I'll be getting my patio cover up in the early fall, then I'll build the stucco wall at this end. Everything else as time opportunity & funds allow.

Here's my current setup...
patio.20110709.1.jpg

I posted a page or so back my plans. I'll be getting my patio cover up in the early fall, then I'll build the stucco wall at this end. Everything else as time opportunity & funds allow.

Can't wait to see what you do with it. :thumb:

A good friend of mine said I should rent my place for masters week but I can't bring myself to do it. I would be okay if I hosted the stay but it would be hard to trust the partying in my absence. But hey if the price is right!! :becky:

Hmmm. I volunteer my services to chaperone. I'd even sleep in the bar :becky: provided I get one day to go to the tournament.

Hmmm. I volunteer my services to chaperone. I'd even sleep in the bar :becky: provided I get one day to go to the tournament.

Well this year is the first for buying day tournament tickets. We applied for them but are waiting to see if we will get any, same with practice rounds. Got some practice rounds last year. Man that was nice :heh:

Okay, I decided to take a picture of the BBQ area, as planned. Truth is, I use my garage at least 60 percent of the time, because it is either too hot, too windy, or there is a good chance of rain.

But, this is the setup I had in mind for all of my grilling and smoking.

The way my house was designed put my patio and driveway right up against each other, so I made it one big party area. I acid stained the concrete, built a solid cedar cooking table, and put my WSM and Red Kettle on either side.

I can also use my SJG on top of the table, but it is too high to use with the Mini-WSM mod. I put it on that cocktail table between the two chairs when I do a Mini-smoke.

So, this was the plan. And, it sometimes gets used this way. And, I don't have to move the Bentley out of the garage to cook.

CD

Attachments

• BBQArea.jpg
    BBQArea.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 2,584
attachment.php

Noob question - What is the fan called that is attached to the WSM? Is it worth buying for my $40 Brinnkman?

Noob question - What is the fan called that is attached to the WSM? Is it worth buying for my $40 Brinnkman?
It's an iQue 110 available at www.pitmasteriq.com and in a word, the answer is no, it only works for smokers that can control the amounbt of air getting in.

These look great. I should have my pit done in a week or 2 and then time to finish the area off. Got some great ideas from these pictures. Thanks everyone for sharing your little slices of heaven.

Back