Thanksgiving is NOW Complete.

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
Just ate the turkey sammich... fresh rye... mayo....stuffing....lettuce.. and that one big old piece of breast meat

ok.. 3 big ole pieces.. it was gooooddddd. :clap2: probably cause Ive been doing that since i was a kid..

thanksgiving is over.... now we start cooking for Hanukkah and Christmas!

That's what I'm having for lunch today and the best part is I didn't have to do any of the cooking this year. Usually buy the time I get done cooking and serving I don't feel like eating,yesterday I ate two plates full.

I've already been into the leftovers too, it's my favorite part. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, salt, pepper and mayo on a potato roll. mmmmmmmmm

This year there were not enough of us to do a turkey, so I smoked up a couple of chickens instead. Tonight, I feast on left-over pulled chicken in quesadilla form! Add some Manchego cheese and onions, and I am looking forward to that more than the meal yesterday!:clap2:

Can you send some of that fresh rye down here? They don't know what it is down here. I could get good stuff when I lived in PA. I think the bread makes the sandwich.

Already had my sammich. Going back for sweet potato pie...and maybe some naner puddin!

I haven't checked the fridge, but I think we sent the leftovers home with the daughter.
D'oh!:doh:
Guess I may have to cook another tomorrow.

Yep my sammies today will be:
Leftover turkey on sourdough, with mayo, cranberry sauce, cream cheese, and S&P to taste, and some cold stuffin' and yams on the side.

Just for the record...

right now, sitting in the pit, gettin all happy is a 25.6 lb monstrosity of a turkey. Brined for 2 days in AJ/OJ and savories.

It looks like its gonna cook in about 4 hours at 325 with the dampers WIDE OPEN and fuel burning like crazy. Convection baby! oh yeah!.

Gonna be eating turkey for a week!.. turkey sammy, turkey pot pie, turkey soup, chipped turkey, pulled turkey, jerky turkey pie, turkey calzone, Turkey butter and cranberry jelly..... damn.. i need a steak already. :becky:

Think i may need a photo.. :)

25.5lb turkey?!?!? That would have made an awesome FAWOOSH sound if it had hit your kitchen floor :wink:.

Are you telling me you made a sandwich and DIDN'T put a piece of pie ON THE sandwich?!?!? You disgust me.

I took a different route with the leftovers. One medium squash, peeled, gutted and diced pretty small. One onion diced. In a pan and roasted for a while with salt and pepper. Threw that in 4 cups of chicken broth and put the stick to it. Once smooth added one pound of chopped leftover turkey with some cumin and corriander and lime juice. Serve with some cracked pepper and hot sauce right BEFORE the sandwich and pie. Yum.

Have about 7 pounds of leftover sliced turkey breast ready to rock and roll. Never thought about putting stuffing on a sammy, have to try that one.

Just for the record...

right now, sitting in the pit, gettin all happy is a 25.6 lb monstrosity of a turkey. Brined for 2 days in AJ/OJ and savories.

It looks like its gonna cook in about 4 hours at 325 with the dampers WIDE OPEN and fuel burning like crazy. Convection baby! oh yeah!.

Gonna be eating turkey for a week!.. turkey sammy, turkey pot pie, turkey soup, chipped turkey, pulled turkey, jerky turkey pie, turkey calzone, Turkey butter and cranberry jelly..... damn.. i need a steak already. :becky:

Think i may need a photo.. :)

Well...it IS Friday Night steak Night after all...:becky: T-day is officially over in the JD house on Saturday when my wife makes her killer turkey cobb salads followed by her turkey crepes on Sunday...you haven't lived until you've tasted her crepes...:thumb:

Yup. Had leftovers for dinner.....turkey, stuffing, mac & cheese, brocoli cheese casserole, giblet gravy.....I'm stuffed again!

Sammies to come in the next couple of days for SURE!

Can't WAIT to see the photo of that MONSTER turkey!:thumb:

Back