Beef Back Ribs.... simply awesome!

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I don't make beef ribs often but I just love them. They are way too fatty and delicious to be healthy, so only about once a year. My son was coming over for dinner, so I got some nice meaty ones on sale for $2.39/lb (great deal!). I seasoned them with The Rub Co. Santa Maria Style Rub and topped them with my Pastrami rub (just a little).
meatyribs2.jpg

Put them on my BGE with the new oversize Peruvian Walnut side tables and handle that I just finished. Put them in a shallow baking pan and jammed them in since they were individually cut.
Eggsidetables1.jpg

PeruvianWalnuthandle.jpg

rawonthebge.jpg

Cooked them at 265 for 2-1/2 hours then put 1 cup of beef broth in the pan and sealed tight with foil. Let them ride for about 1 hour and a half them uncovered them and cooked for about 20 minutes. Here's what you get.
Onthebge3.jpg

Plated1-1.jpg

We ate them all. I just love those things. Meaty, tender, moist, huge beef flavor.....

OOOOOooooooo those looks Gud! I wish I could find some nice ones all I can find is Sinew in a stick I have to bribe my dog to gnaw on one.

I don't do beef ribs nearly enough... And love the walnut! My bedroom set and desk is all walnut and it is sooo purdy.

OK Marty, where did you find them with that much meat on them? The wife just looked over my shoulder and now I have to find her some for this weekend.......

Bet you made your son happy, they look amazing! What is that drink you served along side?

Bet you made your son happy, they look amazing! What is that drink you served along side?

The drink on the side is from North Coast Brewing Co. It is their Old Stock Ale and perhaps the best Barley Wine I have ever had. Gotta be careful though since it is a 12% ale...

Back