Shipping pulled pork

jeffdh52

Reaction score
I met a guy last week in Florida that was in the seafood business and said he would trade me product. My question is, what is the best way to ship him pulled pork and ribs? I have a vac sealer, but I really don't want to freeze first. Would some sealed ribs and pulled pork keep in a styrofoam cooler with dry ice if I 2nd day ups. Thanks

I met a guy last week in Florida that was in the seafood business and said he would trade me product. My question is, what is the best way to ship him pulled pork and ribs? I have a vac sealer, but I really don't want to freeze first. Would some sealed ribs and pulled pork keep in a styrofoam cooler with dry ice if I 2nd day ups. Thanks

Dry ice is going to freeze it anyways so what's the difference? Dry Ice temperature is extremely cold at -109.3°F any food stored with it will undoubtedly freeze.

I freeze the vac-sealed bags, line a box with Styrofoam, drop in the dry ice, a piece of protective cloth between the ice and the vac-seal bags. Ship priority 2 day mail and the items arrive still frozen.

I think he's waiting on me to go first. A few beers involved in the negotiations. Thanks

I used to work for Fed Ex. When people would ship meat they would mostly ship it in a Styrofoam box. I dont know how you can do it without freezing it.

Back