• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My father made a purchase this week...

TIMMAY

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
My pops got himself a big steel keg last week. He is not into tech type stuff when it comes to cooking, so this is great! Figures. Years ago, before I knew anything at all about cookers, mom wanted to get him a BGE. I went with her to the store to look at em, and after looking at the price and how little cooking area there was I told her in nicer ways F!@# that noise! Little did I know what could be done with an egg. So, she did not get him the BGE. Fast forward to now, he had been using a whatever brand name half charcoal half gas burner, and finally he tossed it. I am happy for him! Granted a steel keg ain't an egg but with practice he can make something good with it!

Looking forward to visiting so I can try it out!

Not sure why you think the egg is better than the keg, but you will see how nice they are...

Wish him and you luck and fun learning the new tool!!

I've heard good things about them - I'm sure he will enjoy it!

When a rock shot from the mower and bounces off the side of the Keg he will still be able to have a nice grilled steak and a cold beer when the mowing is done. With an Egg he'd be calling Domino's.
+1. I like that.

the BSK is an excellent cooker, it will work great for him. And just about anything you can do on an Egg, you can do on a BSK.

When a rock shot from the mower and bounces off the side of the Keg he will still be able to have a nice grilled steak and a cold beer when the mowing is done. With an Egg he'd be calling Domino's.

That put it into perspective!! Especially since he uses a bush hog on the tractor to mow the lawn, that rock would be either 1-HUGE, or 2-moving at light speed!

Back