St. Louis Ribs PRON!

AustinKnight

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Did these Saturday night, my bud put his rack of ribs on about a hour after mine and his pulled away from the bone a little more then mine(his rack was on the outer edge of the diffuser). I like the color its what I was going for,the first 3 hours I had the temp at 225 then wrapped them for about 50 min with butter and apple juice/vinegar at 275-300 then unwrapped them let them firm up for about 20 min then sauced them let them bake in for about 20 min... one rack with my own sauce and the other with my buds sauce I like to call the kitchen sink because well you know...

O ya did some sausage also, I got these spares at wallyworld cut them down to St. Louis, the bones weren't really as straight as what I was used to but hell it will work.
SDC15529.JPG

My rack is on the left they both look good..
SDC15532.JPG

Ah yummy I used apple and pecan wood for smoke and also spritz them every 45min with apple juice and apple cinder vinegar about a 50/50 mixture
SDC15533.JPG

Also I used a pizza pan wrapped in foil for a diffuser my rack of ribs were over the diffuser the whole cook I will be using this from now on works great more control :mod:
SDC15536.JPG

And last but not least the money shot...:clap2:
SDC15538.JPG

Thanks for looking :-D

I've got two rack in the freezer...I need to get after it!!! Those look great!!!

were they tender?

they look good, i just like tender and pull off the bone type and was wondering if yours were that type?

thanks

were they tender?

they look good, i just like tender and pull off the bone type and was wondering if yours were that type?

thanks

Ya they were they pulled off not fell off, I did the bite test and it went clean through and away from the bone while leaving the rest of the meat on. I don't ever remember to take a pics of me doing that but I always remember to do it:confused:

Ya they were they pulled off not fell off, I did the bite test and it went clean through and away from the bone while leaving the rest of the meat on. I don't ever remember to take a pics of me doing that but I always remember to do it:confused:

ok cool. that helps ALOT. its hard to tell what a photo is saying about the food. So i wanted to make sure they were tender and pullable..... sorta speak!

i do like fall off once in a while, but if im gonna have that, i might as well do pulled pork. Literally the same taste!

thanks for the info. i use a heat diffuser as well. it works nicely. fire has to run a we bit hotter to get the center grate to temp. Usually its about 325 at center BELOW the grate and 215 or 225 at center ABOVE the grate.

haha

Back