Brisket injection?

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
OK folx,

I am thawing out my first brisket and I need some advice. Should I inject a brisket or just rub it and smoke it? Gonna cook it Monday.

Mista

Mista - I just rubbed mine last night with Head Country - thanks a million whoever the fark sent it to me.. I usually use the DP marinade in the recipe files. Sometimes rub after the DP, but not always. Never tried injecting

Since it is your first one I would suggest going without an injection as a bench mark for future cooks. You can inject in the future compairing what you like and dislike about different techniques.

OK. I'll rub it and wrap it. Anybody know where there is a good article about cooking and separating the flat and the point?

Cook fat side down until the internal reaches about 180 internal, foil add some apple juice and place in a dry cooler. On full brisket I would go higher but you don't have the point to add protection. Place foiled brisket in dry cooler for couple hours.
Add the juice you find in the foil when you make up the sauce to be used, it enhances the overall beef flavor.

Ok,

My brisket is rubbed and is sitting in a cooler right now. I am going to get up and put it on the smoker tomorrow morning before I go to the gym. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Mista

Back