• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Simply Marvelous Shrimp

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
PA260399.jpg

PA260401.jpg

PA260406.jpg

PA260405.jpg

When I opened my super fast shipped season-all sample from Big Brother Smoke, there was this other baggie, labelled seafood. Well, I had to try this, along with the season-all. So, what to do. Shrimp with the seafood rub and maybe some cornbread, sort of a riff on shrimp and grits.

The shrimp were marinaded in a mix of clarified butter and 1T of the seafood rub. After 5 minutes, the shrimp were laced onto some skewers and dusted with more of the seafood rub. Onto a hot fire, direct over hot coals, the tails burned off, I mean hot. Then I added them to some melted onions, a splash of sherry and plated with a little butter and flat leaf parsley.

Prior to this, some green beans were sauteed in oil and garlic, then 1t of Simply Marvelous season-all. To finish, the beans received a splash of sherry and a little butter.

The shrimp was served on cornbread, home made, with roasted red bell peppers and what were labelled jalapenos, they taste sort of like jalapenos, but, milder than I had hoped. None the less, honey and 2T of the Season-all was also added and it was cooked in a skillet, then coarsley crumbled and the shrimp served on top.

This was a good dinner. I ate several of the shrimp alone to taste the rub, which was very good, had a mild bite with a very good spectrum of flavors, it provided a very subtle accompaniement to the seafood, sodium levels were also nicely done. I think if I sauteed up a batch if shrimp, clams or crab in this stuff, it would be a top seller at any gathering.

That's a damn good looking meal there. Cornbread and greenbeans? You sure you aren't from the South? Need to give you two or three first names now, like "Bob Rob". Or better yet, "Billy Bob Rob". :-D

PA260408.jpg

Skillet corn bread, forgot this image.

I am Robert Alan, 'Bobby Al' I reckon.

Looks excellent Bob! I'm always looking for shrimp recipes...yours looks mighty tasty!

Been a while since I have Egged some seafood.....your post inspired me to do so shortly....great job!

Wayne

Nice eats, Bob. What is that cold beverage you have?

I think your package consisted of the Sweet and Spicy and Seafood blend. I am just sayin :biggrin:

I absolutely love seafood but the skillet cornbread hooked me this time. Beautiful work!

Oh, the cold beverage was a Lagunitas 'Little Sumpin Extra' Ale. In most cases there will be a Stone Brewing or Lagunitas Brewing ale involved if there is a ale showing. This one has a nice bitter edge and medium malt quality that I figured would go well with the shrimp and rub flavors.

Back