RECIPE - Superstitious Rolls

Oh and Just to keep this "Q," these are stellar in the smoker in your hot spot in a skillet or dutch oven. STELLAR!!!

Donnie, finally realized who you remind me of...
FlintstonesManCalledFlintstoneDVDFront.jpg

Cool to see the kid getting into the action.

Yeah... he needs to learn his knots. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it's just me, but you don't leave the directions on the screen long enough to read them.....Perhaps I am just a bit slow in the head :icon_blush:

I don't know if it's just me, but you don't leave the directions on the screen long enough to read them.....Perhaps I am just a bit slow in the head :icon_blush:

If you get the funk... you will know... you'll simply just know... how to click the pause button. I didn't want details to get in the way of all that funk on stage... Sheila E looked doable still!

Shelia Back in the Day

View attachment 48557

Shelia Now

View attachment 48556

First and Foremost, after you smash Rick James in the Mouth and Dice him up, be sure, absolutely sure, to add your Rick James to a COLD Pan (preferably the one you want to bake in as you will retain all the funkiness for the bottoms of your rolls) Cold Jessie Johnson and Cold George Benson.

Slowly bring the Heatwave up to a Minnie Ripperton ... bringing Rick up from cold to hot takes all the flavor from him and into the fray. Its got to smell like the fouled inside of an angelic Teena Marie back in the "Fire and Desire" Days.
This is not a saute job.

Roll out some dough balls on a floured board.

Tie the Rolls into knots and place in that same pan (IRON SKILLETS AND DUTCH OVENS WORK PERFECT!!!! EVEN IN THE SMOKER) leaving space for the dough to rise.

Once risen they look like this... You can brush with your infused Jessie Johnson/George Benson Mix but leave the Rick James aside. Bake at 350-425 - I told you its good for the smoker man.

Pull when rolls are Juuuuuuuust getting brown... firmed and pale... about 10 minutes. Spoon your Rick James all over each roll and drizzle the rest of the oil too.

Place back in Oven and bake until Jessica Alba'ed.

Like Alba's Legs, these funky thangs pull apart beautifully.
View attachment 48567

I was simply giving a comparision to Alba's skin as to when you should yank your knot out of the box. ?????

Some people don't dig the Cooking Channel, possibly because its more cutting edge and not as white bread as the Food Network. As usual, I am entertained and can laugh as I learn from Popdaddy.

It would be cool to see Stevie & Prince together live. My first Stevie Wonder concert was @ 1972 when he opened for the Rolling Stones, then again in 1984 for the In Square Circle Tour in the round and Quad Stereo.

Who is Jessica Alba?? I thought it had something to do with "Hot Cross Buns", but it isn't Easter!

Some people don't dig the Cooking Channel, possibly because its more cutting edge and not as white bread as the Food Network. As usual, I am entertained and can laugh as I learn from Popdaddy.

It would be cool to see Stevie & Prince together live. My first Stevie Wonder concert was @ 1972 when he opened for the Rolling Stones, then again in 1984 for the In Square Circle Tour in the round and Quad Stereo.

Who is Jessica Alba?? I thought it had something to do with "Hot Cross Buns", but it isn't Easter!

So you were smokin back then?

I don't klnow what to say. You are the Funkmaster :thumb: Way cool, Thanks.

Back