back from big bear with some pics

bacardi2001

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
ok so i went to big bear friday came back yesterday. just thought i would comment on the food.
first place was EL JACALITO it was alright nothing special. i got the chili verde to tangy, lemony, but was ok. service decent.

second place was B's Backyard Bar-B-Que it was also just alright i got the combo with ribs, chicken, pulled pork. only flavor it had was a LIGHT hint of smoke and that it. pulled pork wasnt very pulled and was real fatty. ribs were ok chicken ok. my lady got the brisket sandwich and was..........................ok. homemade chips were good though. and service uhhhh wasnt great.

third place was Old Country Inn i got the chicken fried steak which was again flavorless. my lady got the french toast where she found a females hair in the toast that wasnt even done ( toast ) it was still mushy and some what liquidy. service wasnt great.

fourth place was Kujo's Restaurant now known as blt's. i got the blt burger it was good. my daughter ordered the chicken fingers which 30 minutes later they came out and said NO CHICKEN FINGERS. which brings me to service lousy. we can hear the waitress talking to the cooks telling them what goes with the food and orders. 45 minutes later our food.

fifth place was Jaspers Smokehouse and Steaks it was the better of them all but wasnt great. i ordered the cats meow. fried catfish and spicy hush puppies wasnt spicy. everything was over cooked and dark. like when you use the same oil over and over and over which made it to hard to bite ( hush puppies ). my lady ordered the steak sandwich was ok tender. one cook. i did get a free beer cause she forgot to put it on the bill...... oh well. service was ok only one waitress but decent. should of stuck with denny's or fast food. but it was nice out there.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
i yelped the places and the reviews were right
[/FONT]

Attachments

• IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 198
Snowy, sounds like it was not the foodie destination, bummer on that.

I am glad that you had some fun even though it sounded like you didn't get any good eats...damn, just think of how much fun you would have had with good food, let alone great food.

Your pics look great though!

thanks. i saw all thee places bbq this smoke that best in town blah blah blah and blah and nothing was great let alone good just ok

Looks nice up there, my family used to have a place in Boulder Bay but we sold it a few years back. Did you happen to notice if Outlaw BBQ near Snow Summit rd was still there? They had just opened up last time we were up there and the owners we met were some good folks..

My favorite eats up there is Paioli's Italian resturant in the village Boobears for breakfast and the Japanese retaurant at the BB Airport, can't recall the name though.

Looks nice up there, my family used to have a place in Boulder Bay but we sold it a few years back. Did you happen to notice if Outlaw BBQ near Snow Summit rd was still there? They had just opened up last time we were up there and the owners we met were some good folks..

My favorite eats up there is Paioli's Italian resturant in the village Boobears for breakfast and the Japanese retaurant at the BB Airport, can't recall the name though.

i think outlaw was there we were cruising down the streets and thought i did see it near that mountain coffee bbq in pic. my girlfreind wanted to eat at boo bears but i didnt want to.

Back