??New London, CT Comp??

bmanMA

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
OK, once again we are going to attempt to get information about this comp. Last year we struck out in doing so, and we got very discouraged and didn't bother.

Looking at this year, it is sure looking like a lot more of the same (no info, people not returning emails). Does anyone have any info on this, other than the blurbs found on sailfest.org? Looks like the link from NEBS and KCBS are to the exact same place as last year (neffproductions - no useful info whatsoever).

Last edited:
Doh. OK, thanks. We have an extra comp to gamble with as we had to pull out of this weekend's RI comp. Maybe check out the Hudson Valley instead. Too damned bad too. This is a heck of a lot closer for us. But if it's not run right, it's not worth our time for sure.

It was a well run event, but they did a poor job making teams aware of it. Looks like that is happening again. It's right on the water in New London, and...it's a auto-qualifier. Sure, a bunch of jokers won it last year :becky: but other than that I recommend it.

I can answer some questions about it. PM me or ask here. I am planning to cook it this year.

Sorry to hear you guys aren't going to RI.

Ken and Kathie Dakai are the reps. I'm sure they have information on it.
Maybe you could give them a call or if Ken or Kathie read this thread they'll answer a few of your questions. Rich and I ran it last year. Good contest.

Bunny

Great comp i agree! Sailfest just ended so that may have something to do with it.

It was a well run event, but they did a poor job making teams aware of it. Looks like that is happening again. It's right on the water in New London, and...it's a auto-qualifier. Sure, a bunch of jokers won it last year :becky: but other than that I recommend it.

I can answer some questions about it. PM me or ask here. I am planning to cook it this year.

Yeah we are bummed too. Unavoidable I'm afraid. Kick some butt! Chris Lilly... meh! :blah:

Regarding NL, do you have a cooks packet from last year perhaps? May help me wrap my head around the event a bit more.

it'll need 25 teams this year to be an auto though. correct?

anybody know how many so far?

Barbara Neff returned every one of my phone calls last year and was super helpful and very nice! give her a call!

Barbara Neff returned every one of my phone calls last year and was super helpful and very nice! give her a call!

That's good to know. Guess we are all supposed to call her? Seems very inefficient. They have a website, why not use it?

I guess I am looking for the typical on-line presence that provides cook packets, registered team lists, cook site information, competition information, etc.

I emailed Barbara this morning, anytime I have had a question she answers me pretty quick, I will forward any info I get!

Barbara just emailed me this info....
The City Of New London
Invites You to
The Best BBQ Chef Competition
A Kansas City Barbeque Society Sanctioned
Connecticut State BBQ Championship

September 29-30, 2012

Event Hours
Sunday 11AM to 6PM
Live Music
BBQ Cooking Demos and Book Signing By:
Ted Reader
Attached is your 2012 Application

Here's what I received today.

Attachments

• Judge Sheet 12.pdf
    10.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Entry Form 2012.pdf
    293.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 2012_Rules.pdf
    260 KB · Views: 25
Russells Ribs is gonna win with those lovely black electric smoked ribs of his.

NL was my old stomping grounds.. in fact, I get if you go to nearby oakdale, you could get the Funkotorium.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwXr7Xgm-Kc&feature=plcp"]Pitmaster T Build Series - Funkotorium Project Part 1 (Intro) - YouTube[/ame]

Back