View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Bluehawg
Full Fledged Farker

Default If you guys don't have plans for 4th of July...

We are having an "All American Cook Off" in Petal, MS. Will have beef, pork and chicken categories and be using some modified KCBS rules. Not much modification but some. Entry fee is 120/team and THEY provide the meat so you don't even have to bring your own! I hope to have my cooker finished in few days so I can start practicing up on it and hope to have this be its, as well as my, very first competition. Another local brethren, a_cmc_2b, are going to give it a try as our first competition. We are open to any of you "pros" that want to come be on our team cause we want to win it big and would love the help, expertise, and training if you want to participate and don't mind us being greenhands. I haven't smoked a brisket in a VERY long time so that is definitely one thing I have to get down between now and then. I believe the meats will be chicken thighs or halves, pork ribs, brisket, and butts if I'm not mistaken. holla back if you want more details. They will have live music, fun jumps for the kids, fireworks, and a whole lot more. Will be giving cash prizes to winning teams in each category as well as overall.

Wasn't sure if this was the right place to post this up or not but in my mind it was, so I appologize if it isn't properly categorized and needs to be moved, mods. I appreciate the job you site admins and mods do and owe a tremendous amount of my recent success to things I've learned on this forum.

Thanks from:--->