BBQ Brethren "Brisket Appreciation" Throwdown!

Very nice Guerre. I have to say, Groundhog66 did not say he did not appreciate the point meat, just the flat. He secretly loves the super fatty tender point slices.

Wow some really great entries! :clap:

Am I the only one wondering if Guerry & Michele's cat got to appreciate some brisket? :noidea:

Wow some really great entries! :clap:

Am I the only one wondering if Guerry & Michele's cat got to appreciate some brisket? :noidea:

Yes he did, three good sized chunks shredded into cat sized bites. The other three cats looked at us like we were crazy and didn't consider it food. Of course, being cats, they're pretty much ALWAYS looking at us like we're crazy...so go figure.

I've been too busy recently to enter or even keep up with all the TD threads. But, when I saw that the current TD is Brisket! I knew I had to get in on this one. I've been feeling the craving for brisket for the past couple of weeks. This gives me just the excuse. :thumb: I picked up a nice 12# choice brisket this morning and the plan is for it to go onto the drum Saturday night around 8:00 pm for Sunday lunch.

I can't wait. Brisket is soooooo good.

I could do something odd and over the top fancy, or some over-composed California plating, but, here is brisket, plain old brisket, sliced and eaten off the board, alone and not needing anything else.
brisketsliced.jpg

And it was good, here is the thread and the super secret squirrel style injection.

I could do something odd and over the top fancy, or some over-composed California plating, but, here is brisket, plain old brisket, sliced and eaten off the board, alone and not needing anything else.

And it was good, here is the thread and the super secret squirrel style injection.

With that injection, I don't beleive it's anywhere near "plain old brisket".

'cause I said I would

Brethren,
Usually (read: always) my wife helps me out taking pictures of food - well, it the pictures are good, she did them. She was gonna help me present my brisket T.D. in an appetizing way on a fancy plate, candle light, whathaveyou.

Then, she got ill. So, just because I said I was entering the T.D. And so, Guerry can't say I'm skeerred...here are a couple of pictures of brisket on the cutting board.
TDbrisket2.jpg

Attachments

• TD brisket 1.jpg
    TD brisket 1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 69
I like to make the first cut with a knife, not just tearing it in half.

Nice job DannO

What a great TD, lots of great entries:thumb:, something tells me though that before it's all said and done there is going to be an intervention :drama::drama: to help rid the un-appreciation............

OK, time I fessed up that I called this TD category over guilt at being present at Groundhog's ground wagyu brisket burger gathering.

Last weekend I cooked up two packers for different events (one for my wife's ladies gathering and the other for a co-worker's b-day) with the intention of getting some pics for this TD:

11+ lbs on the bottom and a 14+ lbs on top (no foil on either):
IMG_8795.jpg

separating the point from the flat to make burnt ends:
IMG_8818.jpg

then I found out the hard way that it is a bit difficult to get a bunch of pics when you need to slice & serve right away and I didn't get good pics on the first one (it was a bit overcooked anyway).

The one for the co-worker was heated up the next AM and served in the office:

IMG_8839.jpg

I found it surprising how tender & juicy it came out despite the pic above not showing it.

Feeling like brisket hadn't been appreciated enough yet, I picked up a 15.5 pounder and cooked it this AM:
IMG_8857.jpg

cut up the point, added some rub & sauce and threw it back on:
IMG_8874.jpg

after a couple hours rest in a heated cooler, I pulled out the flat & sliced it:
IMG_8879.jpg

IMG_8894.jpg

In an attempt to show some true appreciation for brisket, I put a few slices on a plate and added some burnt ends and bacon-wrapped burnt ends:
IMG_8909.jpg

and since brother Gore is unable to participate this round, I thought I'd put up a fork to let him know his presence is missed in this one:
IMG_8911.jpg

Chris - Please use the last pic as my entry (unless Gore and his fork find a way to enter in which case please pick between the forkless heart and the sliced flat pic). Thanks!

I think I've over-appreciated brisket a bit and I'm ready for a nap now. :yawn:

Back