My loaner smoker and new Brisket rub

pwa

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm having a new smoker built my Rocking W of the forums, so he lent me a smaller offset. Had to share cause this thing is a cooking machine!! Its so stable and easy to control my Stoker is gathering dust. As some of you know I started a BBQ shack. So I'm cooking every day, it sure helps to have a rock solid smoker to cook on!!

I also wanted to give Big Ron a shout out!! I was using plowboys Bovine bold from Rich at BBQ super store for the shack and comp but looking for a better and cheaper solution for my briskets. 10 lbs of the Bovine Bold shipped was $100 to Alaska. So started shoppin Brethren rub makers and came across Big Ron. After my first trial brisket I knew this was the rub for me. Plus I get 25lbs for $100. Even my Customers were excited about the change. So if you never given Big Ron a try I highly suggest it!! Will add some pics of the fantastic Bark I get now tomorrow while I cook

Some pics:

Some side pics

sobl.jpg

gmhy.jpg

Cooking chamber

t6jh.jpg

452r.jpg

Firebox

pt1e.jpg

ylxo.jpg

Nice! Your customers are getting an extra treat of getting to see a real smoker and smell the sweet blue. Hopefully you are in a more "civilized" place, but down here we would need to lock the pit up pretty good (or take the wheels off) to keep it from wandering off! Best of luck in the new business:clap:

Nice cooker, can't wait to see it's predecessor....

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
that is awesome he gave you a loaner to use. i'm looking forward to seeing your end product!

Also about that menu item?!!

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
Nice! Your customers are getting an extra treat of getting to see a real smoker and smell the sweet blue. Hopefully you are in a more "civilized" place, but down here we would need to lock the pit up pretty good (or take the wheels off) to keep it from wandering off! Best of luck in the new business:clap:

The real smoker part caught my eye and he probably didnt intend it that way but anyone who doesnt think a UDS is a real smoker should go to a comp that Richard Parker or another master of the drum is cooking at. Not picking nit and dont wanna make the man feel like I am attacking his statement, I just wanna stand up for the Almighty Drum and I am impressed that you are able to start a viable business with just a few of them. I probably just read into it too much. I would imagine that at this point if you are ordering a larger cooker you are outselling your current capacity? That is a good thing if it is the case. I was following your original postings about the business but I lost track of it somewhere. I am intrigued by your business venture as it appears to be born of desire and hard work as compared to banking and big money. Have you checked into getiing supplies from bigpoppasmokers. Down here he treats us pretty good on the shipping , not sure what he can do for where you are located. That cooker looks mighty fine so you should be pleased when you get your permanent one. Best of luck and keep us posted on your business success.

Back