Mini WSM Appreciation Thread

pics.jpg

Love my mini works like a champ I can't wait to build another one

I have one in progress, I need to replace all the nuts & bolts on the mini as the grill was sitting in salt air for many years. Anyone willing to show the inside "guts" so I can get ideas on what to use for a diffuser, grill heights and other ideas.

And with the lifter mod so I don't have to take it aprt when trying to move it (especially when its lit).
IMAG0561.jpg

Man, I could have used that for the "Stuffed" Thowdown. :doh:

CD

I have one in progress, I need to replace all the nuts & bolts on the mini as the grill was sitting in salt air for many years. Anyone willing to show the inside "guts" so I can get ideas on what to use for a diffuser, grill heights and other ideas.

Since I drilled holes in the bottom of my tamale pot, that became my diffuser.

picture.php

Put a grate on the steamer-plare ridge of the tamale pot, upon which I can put a drip pan.

picture.php

My bottom cooking grate is about six inches from the top, and the top cooking grate is just below the top edge.

CD

Here is my first cook on my "mighty" mini... a 12.75 lb. brisket... yes, a brisket.

I folded it over so that it would fit.

This is the result:

P1010006.jpg

The mini-WSM is pretty damned awesome... it will be even more awesome the next time I cook on it since my Maverick ET-732 is en route according to Amazon.com!

Here is my first cook on my "mighty" mini... a 12.75 lb. brisket... yes, a brisket.

I folded it over so that it would fit.

This is the result:

P1010006.jpg

The mini-WSM is pretty damned awesome... it will be even more awesome the next time I cook on it since my Maverick ET-732 is en route according to Amazon.com!

Wow! Do you have pics of the brisket on the mini wsm? I'd love to see how you did that. It'd be awesome to do a brisket on the mini. I've been trying to figure out how to do that.

**The Mini Cajun Bandit**

The good folks from Cajun Bandit came out to Lynchburg TN when Left Hand Smoke was cooking at the Jack Daniels in 2010 and presented me with a Mini Cajun Bandit for the Smokey Joe's-

And I have to say that it is one of my most often used cookers! It is much larger than the Tamale pots and the quality in craftsmanship is what you come to expect from the CB Krewe!

IMG_2786.jpg

IMG_2789.jpg

IMG_2790.jpg

IMG_2788.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2804.jpg

Bring it on!

**UDS inspired Smokey Joe Gold Mod**

After cooking on the Mini Cajun Bandit and realizing the awesomeness of the cooker, I had experimented with the Smokey Joe Gold base for the intakes and I just wasn't all that jazzed about them, so.....

IMG_2806.jpg

....Realizing the UDS/Big Drum Smoker intakes I've been using for years with no problems, I got the Uni-Bit out and started drilling!

IMG_3511.jpg

Used nickel plated hole plugs to cap the SJS bottom vents and took the Mini UDS style!

IMG_3510.jpg

Expando charcoal ring on the SJ coal grate. Stainless steel dog bowl for the waterpan/heat diverter.

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3509.jpg

And a scrap pile salvaged steel vacuum canister for the center section!

IMG_3508.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

Keep 'em coming!

**Can your Mini do this??**

Always the putzing gadget freak-

I fashioned a rotisserie ring from a 15 gallon steel drum and using a spare Cajun Bandit motor mount the Mini runs circles around the competition!

IMG_4359.jpg

IMG_4360.jpg

IMG_4362.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4366.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

IMG_4388.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

Yeah baby!

Wow! Do you have pics of the brisket on the mini wsm? I'd love to see how you did that. It'd be awesome to do a brisket on the mini. I've been trying to figure out how to do that.

I wish I had taken a photo or two of it on the mini-WSM.

I ended up folding it over so it would fit, and later in the cook, I folded it the opposite way so that I would have bark all around.

I basically folded it the way bigabyte did in his brisket tutorial (of course he was cooking on a real WSM).

Back