Need some wood - South Atlanta-GA

B

buttsNbrisket

Hi Gang,

I'm on the South Side of Atlanta, need some split hickory for cooking(green or seasoned) ... any ideas, thoughts, prices ? I can pick up

Thanks
BnB

I hooked up with a tree service in my area and he brings me a truck load every once in a while. I have to cut it up and split but he gives me wood and I give him BBQ. Works great.

BnB, welcome. I'm probably about 20 minutes down the road from 'ya, give or take 5.

I've pretty much had to surf craigslist frequently. Also, I suggest posting your own
"wanted" ad there too. That worked for me recently, got a truck load of oak delivered
and a truck load of hickory on the way. BE CAREFUL though. Many of these guys
frankly dont know hickory from sweetgum, and that's BAD. Last year had a guy say
he had 1/2 hickory and 1/2 oak. There wasn't an identifiable piece of hickory in the
load.

On that note, if you can hook up with a tree guy, that's probably the best way, that
way you see the bark and hopefully the leaves to know for certain.

I know folks are talking mostly about CL, but is there a wood yard or the like anywhere around town? I'm thinking about somewhere you could load up and weigh in/out or just pay per load?

I saw a place in Austell with a big pile of split wood but I haven't had a chance to go back and check it out.

My parents have a place in B'ham, but that's a little far to drive. They've gotten reasonable prices for a truckload of hickory mainly b/c it was what they had at the time.

We have hickory for sale

We are located in Fayette County (Fayetteville, GA) and have been selling firewood and hickory for 20 years in the area. We deliver. We sell hickory mostly to BBQ joints but we will sell to anyone. Call 770-461-6928 for current prices.

Back