Fec100

M

Manny69

Hey guys I'm new around here. Name is Chris from Central Kansas. Right now i currently have a smoker that is a 250 gal rf on a trailer for comps. We are considering selling this and getting an FEC 100. I was wondering if anybody has any cons on these units? I know all the good and heard tons of pros but no cons really. Please help. Thanks.

I own one, and honestly, I can't get a great brisket out of it. everything else is on the money, it cooks awesome pork, ribs and chicken, but for some reason, not brisket. probally just need a great recipe,,,,,

i use my FEC100 for what two years now and no problems at all haven't found anything that didnt taste great.

Here is an FEC for beginners post that may be of interest:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85422

I own one, and honestly, I can't get a great brisket out of it. everything else is on the money, it cooks awesome pork, ribs and chicken, but for some reason, not brisket. probably just need a great recipe,,,,,

That's funny I was at a comp this past weekend and a couple of teams only use their FECs for brisket. I haven't been able to produce a decent brisket period, and I'm sure that's just me.

Last edited:
I own one, and honestly, I can't get a great brisket out of it. everything else is on the money, it cooks awesome pork, ribs and chicken, but for some reason, not brisket. probally just need a great recipe,,,,,

I placed 1st in brisket this weekend in Burlington, KS out of 54 teams. :thumb: Also placed 1st in brisket at the 2009 American Royal invitational out of 126 teams. Just saying.

I placed 1st in brisket this weekend in Burlington, KS out of 54 teams. :thumb: Also placed 1st in brisket at the 2009 American Royal invitational out of 126 teams. Just saying.

But we all know your rubs are like Crack!:thumb:

Hey guys I'm new around here. Name is Chris from Central Kansas. Right now i currently have a smoker that is a 250 gal rf on a trailer for comps. We are considering selling this and getting an FEC 100. I was wondering if anybody has any cons on these units? I know all the good and heard tons of pros but no cons really. Please help. Thanks.

I am very happy with my FEC and would buy it again it I were starting over. As far as cons, I can think of a few...

1. Need electricity. This is generally not a problem, but most of us who cook competitions carry back up power of some sort just in case. For home or restaurant use this isn't as big of a deal.

2. It contains electronics and mechanical parts that can fail. The FEC is incredibly reliable, but failures happen.

3. If you like a heavy some flavor then the FEC may not be for you. There are ways to add more smoke flavor, but it will never be as strong as a stick burner.

4. People call you names like "cheater" or "pellethead" or "pellet pooper" :becky:

Back