**** Location Updated!!!**** Annual Northern Illinois Brethren Mid Winter Gathering, 2018 Edition!!! - Saturday, Jan. 27th, 2018

Since I screwed up the event on Facebook, I wanted to post here that the lunch is at 1:00pm, not 11:30am.

Just in case anyone missed it, the lunch is at 1:00pm.

We’re try to get there a little early. Parking can be interesting 😀

See you all later!

Parking can be interesting ��

I went around the block a few times as I wanted to save the space right out front for John (SirPorkALot) :decision:

Thanks for putting this together Ron!! Glad to talk to you and Amy again, if only briefly.

Good to see Shagdog Matt and Chicagokp Kirk. Always good to see Andy (LYU370). Got a hello in to a number of folks....T&S BBQ, Grabnabber, and Steve NeoTrout. Met SirPorkalot and his bride. Ran out of time to talk craft beer with him but I did like his shirt.

The people at BBQ Supply couldn't have been nicer. That, was a lot of food. Jo and I have some New Years resolutions we're trying to stick to, and the custard corn bread was nearly impossible to resist.

I really enjoyed the pazole style pit beans. Don't know of any other way to describe them as ckp stated it looked like pazole, and it did. Not bad. Smoke fried wings and brisket were also great.

Hope someone with a phone cam is able to share the smoke and fire wings. Don't think I ever saw that before :eusa_clap

There were again more people there that I should have tried to say hello to, but since most weren't using screen names, I didnt know them. They all seem to know each other from the BBQ circuit though, as I could tell the majority were all becoming old friends.

I briefly engaged in a conversation with Shag, ckp and oifmarine. I sat next to oifmarine but should have tried to engage with him more but he was kinda a half table over. Hopefully there is a next time as he seemed like a great guy. Hell, I was choking on the pork taco and he probably was seconds away from having to Heimlich maneuver me. Lesson learned, always chew your food!

Always a great time, and kudos and a standing ovation to Ron for not only keeping this going since like 2004 when he and I started in a parking lot of take out only Thomas' Alabama BBQ in Montgommery (IL), but consistently hitting it out of the park.

Thanks Ron!!

And the Malort.....

That's not my story to tell :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

BTW, 294 was jammed and so was 55 but I didn't have an extra pair of sweat pants

I went around the block a few times as I wanted to save the space right out front for John (SirPorkALot) :decision:

Thanks for putting this together Ron!! Glad to talk to you and Amy again, if only briefly.

Good to see Shagdog Matt and Chicagokp Kirk. Always good to see Andy (LYU370). Got a hello in to a number of folks....T&S BBQ, Grabnabber, and Steve NeoTrout. Met SirPorkalot and his bride. Ran out of time to talk craft beer with him but I did like his shirt.

The people at BBQ Supply couldn't have been nicer. That, was a lot of food. Jo and I have some New Years resolutions we're trying to stick to, and the custard corn bread was nearly impossible to resist.

I really enjoyed the pazole style pit beans. Don't know of any other way to describe them as ckp stated it looked like pazole, and it did. Not bad. Smoke fried wings and brisket were also great.

Hope someone with a phone cam is able to share the smoke and fire wings. Don't think I ever saw that before :eusa_clap

There were again more people there that I should have tried to say hello to, but since most weren't using screen names, I didnt know them. They all seem to know each other from the BBQ circuit though, as I could tell the majority were all becoming old friends.

I briefly engaged in a conversation with Shag, ckp and oifmarine. I sat next to oifmarine but should have tried to engage with him more but he was kinda a half table over. Hopefully there is a next time as he seemed like a great guy. Hell, I was choking on the pork taco and he probably was seconds away from having to Heimlich maneuver me. Lesson learned, always chew your food!

Always a great time, and kudos and a standing ovation to Ron for not only keeping this going since like 2004 when he and I started in a parking lot of take out only Thomas' Alabama BBQ in Montgommery (IL), but consistently hitting it out of the park.

Thanks Ron!!

And the Malort.....

That's not my story to tell :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

BTW, 294 was jammed and so was 55 but I didn't have an extra pair of sweat pants

I’m still full.....

It was great to meet everyone. Food was ridiculously good.
I could have enjoyed more brisket and Mac & Cheese, but not sure where I’d of put it.

It was great seeing everyone! I didn’t take as many pictures as I usually do, but here are mine...

26479_FCF-_F1_DF-4_E69-857_C-_DAC9_A1741_F9_A.jpg

6_B0_EE7_DE-_C2_CE-4_BE2-_BFBC-_DB299_EC6_E26_C.jpg

8_FD45_D64-3_F56-48_B1-_B40_B-_E1_F1_F423766_D.jpg

92355_B8_D-03_D7-4_E4_A-88_A4-4_F1_E921_FF7_BF.jpg

AD905_E4_E-1336-4029-_B040-_FBEFC4_AA2258.jpg

D6_C825_DB-00_AD-46_CF-82_E0-_D421025_F4335.jpg

F24135_B7-_C5_F4-4_ED4-8_E1_A-19_A3720246_B4.jpg

Last edited:

Bill- I was totally ready to step in with the Heimlich but luckily you pulled through on your own! Sorry we didn’t get to talk more but I was busy trying to avoid the malort!

Oh, I laughed out out loud when I read the sweatpants comment! Well played. Kirk’s friend is amazing!

Back