• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket question

bmock

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am just finishing up a 10 lb brisket cook. Started it last night. The point is probing tender. The flat has some resistance. Serving time is 4ish. What should I do? Cook till probe tender then tent with foil or wrap and throw in cooler now?

Thanks!

Flat needs to probe tender, not point. Might be a good time to pull it off seperate flat from point, foil flat and cook till probe tender. Make the burnt ends and throw back on for a couple of hours.

This is my first cook so I'm going to keep it together and try burnt ends next time.

There are some spots that probe tender on the flat and other spots that are still holding on. Should I keep cooking it?

It's kinda hit or miss. But generally the end. The thinner part of the flat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

if it is probing tender in the thickest part you will be good to pull and rest. If it is cloer to the tail give it another 45 min it should be close. Hope this helps.

When the thickest part of the flat is tender, pull it. If you wait until the thin part probes it will be too far gone. I would wrap loosly in foil and hold in a empty cooler.

Thanks for the help guys I pulled it and started a new thread showing some pics!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back