ECB or Brinkmann Vertical?

twinsfan

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Yesterday I picked up a 1 year old ECB for $10 with almost a whole bag of charcoal. it's in nice condition.

guess what? today I got a brinkmann vertical smoker for my b-day, with a receipt. Do I keep the ECB and get myself something nice as a refund, or keep the vertical and sell the ECB for pennies (like $15)

Thanks!

What's wrong with learning to run both?

Would be an education about the why's, the why nots, the mods, and fire management techniques.

Sorry man, I'll only be cooking max once a week for the next nine months.. hell, I feel like im already abusing my weber after twenty four hours. one or the other, if either.

Take the new in the box brinkmann back and get your money. Use said money to buy a subscription to the forum, purchase some high end rubs (i.e. Oakridge, Simply Marvelous, Three Eyes) and or some sauces (Big Butz) and get a couple more racks of ribs to cook.

Have fun, you already have the vertical smoker, start learning it and have fun!

If you are gonna take the Brinkmann vertical back (if it's the box-shaped one) you can get almost enough of a refund to buy a Weber OTS.

Yeah, you have a blog to fill up with educational information from the "apprentice" :thumb:

It's not my blog. What are you talking about?

I'm just trying to save the young guy a lot of trouble and help him come to the conclusion early that he will eventually come to through trial and error.

It's not my blog. What are you talking about?

I'm just trying to save the young guy a lot of trouble and help him come to the conclusion early that he will eventually come to through trial and error.

Twinsfan has a blog he set up a few nights ago. Just giving some encouragement. Sry for the confusion.

Either way, he is going to have to make mods to get the most out of each cooker.

Twinsfan has a blog he set up a few nights ago. Just giving some encouragement. Sry for the confusion.

Well, he will have a lot of ammo as he learns to cook BBQ on either of those cookers, which may not be a bad thing IF he can maintain interest through all the frustration he will experience for the first several cooks.

Yea. I kind of feel bad since my grandmother bought it for me, and it was purchased at home depot. what am i going to buy there with store credit??

And first cook on the ECB went well enough. Heat got high to start but then dropped, so I kept adding new briquettes. Ribs turned out perfect, I'll post pics tomorrow.

Hey, if your GM bought it, keep it! It's something that you will greatly apprecitate having one day. Hang on to the ECB too. Heck, find a lawn to cut for $15.00 if you have to if you need the cash.

Either cooker will do fine with some mods. But, the one your GM gave you is a special thing. Few people love you like she does. Cook something special on it just for her.

Hmmm.. I don't know. I can't keep all three with school because I treat my smokers like people and won't ignore them. Hell, I'm thinking of selling/returning both and sticking with my Weber kettle.

She would happy if I returned it for something nice that I'd use. What that is, besides a console (which I don't have), I have no clue. It all matter whether I get store credit or refund.

Yea. I kind of feel bad since my grandmother bought it for me, and it was purchased at home depot. what am i going to buy there with store credit??

Keep it! Your grandmother was being very thoughtful of you when she purchased it.

She was, but then I sell ECB? Theres so many for sale around here I couldn't imagine it selling.

Back