• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ultimate Drum Smoker build

Not trying to hijack Mush's thread but I got mine for $5.00.

DSCF5295.jpg

I guess we were both just lucky and in the right place at the right time. Mine came from a garage sale. I did a little better in the final price at only $135. I was curious on whether Arcticproducts was getting any business from my initial order and my subsiquent passing along the info to you all. Here is their response:

Thanks so much for the picture! We have gotten a few inquiries lately about our lid. THANKS!! Enjoy your BBQ! Pam Customer Service Arctic Products -----Original Message----- From: pbrannan@cfl.rr.com [pbrannan@cfl.rr.com] Sent: Sunday, October 11, 200910:56 AMTo: info@arcticproducts.com Subject: Stainless steel lids I recently purchased a lid from you fine folks. Said I would send a pic of its use. Well here it is: See attachement. Paul Brannan P.S. Have you gotten any orders from other bbq'ers???? Just curious, because a bunch of them have asked where I got mine.

Good looking build Mush.....

Paul B

Nice! They should give you one for half price for "drumming" up business.

Paul's incredible drum is the inspiration for my build. I'll have to send Arctic a pic of mine too. I just hope it doesn't go to their head and they jack up the price on us! Stay tuned over the next couple weeks- I have some more custom touches in mind....

Very nice build with some creative ideas!:cool:

Wish I had some of the skills you guys have - I'll have to take a welding class one of these days.:biggrin:

Nice job! It should last you a lifetime.

And its so good to see that you didn't fark it up and use Ball valves on it!!:icon_wink

Man, that is freakin' sweet!! Love the fire basket/u-bolt combination. The ability to raise the fire basket...genius!! Happy Cooking!

Nice build Mush. :cool:

Paul B - I really like the sliding door lower vent. It reminds me of my egg. :wink:

Nice build. Interesting idea about converting to a grill. Just curious if having the intakes about 24" below the basket makes any difference in how it draws. The UDG I built has the intakes in about the same position as they would be for the UDS.

Attachments

• DSC02694.jpg
    DSC02694.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 745
Nice job! It should last you a lifetime.

And its so good to see that you didn't fark it up and use Ball valves on it!!:icon_wink

Hmmm, so whats the problem with ball valves?
I'm taking notes for my build and haven't heard of problems with them, do you mind elaborating?

With the fire up high, it cooks just like my Weber kettle. I guess I should trademark it and call it the Mush Creek fire basket LOL!

Great firebasket. The only problem I see is those fat U-Bolts might fail if your were to load about 4500 lbs of meat on there..(g)

Nice build Mush. :cool:

Paul B - I really like the sliding door lower vent. It reminds me of my egg. :wink:

That's where it came from, spendy but stainless and fully adjustable.

Paul B

I might have inspired Mush's build but he wins with the grillin basket idea!!!

I smoked some andouille last night- the drum held 225 perfectly! I made a throttle tube out of conduit (far left in the pic), but I'd eventually like to make a SS one. I added a bottle opener- SS, of course!
IMGP4850.jpg

That is a great looking Smoker / Grill. Love it, nice idea with the U-Bolts and Fire-basket. This is truly inspiring, if I could only weld :cry:.

The only welding was the fire basket, and all of that could be done with bolts and washers. The fire doesn't know it's welded! Git yer drum on!

Back