Grillus Interruptus

jpalaska

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've been waiting all week for my new Genesis gasser and WSM to be delivered today. I had just returned home from the local butcher, where I purchased a couple of beautiful 1.5 inch ribeye steaks for tonight's christening dinner.
The phone rings and it's my Ace Hw store manager telling me they won't be able to deliver my new bbq toys until Monday!

I need a pity party! :drama:

JP

That sucks. Tell them to bring over a loaner so you can cook those rib-eyes up!

put on your big boy pants

go pick them up and put them together yourself!!

:becky:

I agree!! If any way possible go get them suckers. You're not getting any younger. It's time to do some grilling!

If all else fails and you have a cast irion pan you can cook those steaks in it on the stove top and get a good sear and a great tasting steak.

Lol^^^^^^^^

I can just see one of us farkerrs hookin' up a demo in the store and havin' at it!

Go to Walmart and buy a Smokey Joe--it's super light--and grill a steak or two :) $30.

Then you can use it later for your Mini WSM.. cause we all know you are gonna make one eventually. :smile:

EDIT: Scratch this idea, because they probably only sell Smokey Joe Silver and not Smokey Joe Gold. I'd get the gold, for one you don't have to mod it with an inverted chicken can to avoid vents from getting clogged with ash.

Yeah, I know I could assemble the WSM, and maybe I'll go get it tomorrow.
But I paid 30 bucks a piece for those ribeyes and my plan is to reverse sear them on the Genesis. I don't want to smoke them.
I'm not really suicidal or anything.

Good thing I've got a case of 3 buck Chuck from Trader Joe's

JP

Yeah, I know I could assemble the WSM, and maybe I'll go get it tomorrow.
But I paid 30 bucks a piece for those ribeyes and my plan is to reverse sear them on the Genesis. I don't want to smoke them.
I'm not really suicidal or anything.

Good thing I've got a case of 3 buck Chuck from Trader Joe's

JP
\\no, I would not smoke them either. Lots of stuff you can smoke to get you through

$30 a piece?

you are in a different league than me my friend LOL

Wrap steaks in zip lock bags and put them in the fridge located about 40 degrees

They will just get better and mo better each day.

Back