Another BUFORD Build - "Steampunk" Theme..

Looks pretty freaking sweet!!!! One question, have you tested the Maverick inside of that break box? I've had troubles with communication when my maverick was inside a metal box (to protect it from rain).

Can't wait to see the smoke!!!!

Looks pretty freaking sweet!!!! One question, have you tested the Maverick inside of that break box? I've had troubles with communication when my maverick was inside a metal box (to protect it from rain).

Can't wait to see the smoke!!!!

Not yet, I'll leave the door open during the cook. If the box reduces the signal, I have just enough probe leads to put it on the shelf.

Looking great. So how will the firebox area be set up? A slide out coal basket that will still sit directly under the meat or is it a little indirect? Can't wait to see it smokin!

Looking great. So how will the firebox area be set up? A slide out coal basket that will still sit directly under the meat or is it a little indirect? Can't wait to see it smokin!

All the BUFORD's I've built have the slide in/out fire basket, adjustable grates and a diffuser;

camo29.jpg

rev1post.jpg

86191115.jpg

You are an artist

Aw shucks, actually I'm fortunate enough to have access to a steel yard with decent prices, and nearby vendors with water jet and plasma cutters. Also, Harbor Freight, Home Depot, Lowes and ACE are all within a couple mile radius.

Then, all it takes is money, sweat, beer, booze and cigars!

That's really, really cool, both the Military theme and the Steampunk theme. Art and function.

Wondering what you are using for "lids". You may have mentioned, but I didn't see...

Wondering what you are using for "lids". You may have mentioned, but I didn't see...

http://turnerbiodiesel.com/8_gallon_55_gallon_drum_cone

It does need modification. The cone top sits directly on top of the rim of the drum.

At the bottom of the cone, you need to spot weld a 1/4" rod around the perimeter. Once that's welded, a 1" x 1/8" flat bar needs spot welded to the rod to capture the lip of the drum.

SmokerKing - Well done!!

Possibly change your handle to UDSSMokerKing - because, as stated earlier by PMAD, you are an artist.

I really like your diffuser, and I've seen it multiple times before. I wouldn't mind ordering one, but can't seem to get the website? Could you help me out with that? Have you tried the pizza pan method with holes drilled in it? I like how yours would gradually let the heat escape.

Thanks!

Back