9 pound pork shoulder help!!!

I am assuming you're done now. But, with a bone-less butt, I reach in and just pull a chunk in half, if it pulls easy, then I wrap and rest.

Thanks landmark!!!

Yea, it's sittin in the cooler!!
I'm thinking its going to be ok.
I will take photos and let everyone know how it turned out!!!

Thanks again for everyone's input!!!

I'm just gonna share my experience for large cuts of meat that have to be cooked. If you can't stick your finger through it, it's not done. It always works and never fails. But Since like bludawg says its got a built in thermometer, which in this case it doesn't.

Let it rest for an hr1/2. Just fell apart!!
Came out perfect.

nyqybaru.jpg

Looks farkin good from here man! That kamado is like a microwave! :shocked:

Here's something that may seem counterintuitive, but might ultimately make your life easier - for cuts like brisket, butts and chuckies, fling the therms and just go by the look and the feel of the meat - be free! Once you build a few hours of rest time into yer cooking day, you have a cushion for things to happen or not happen.

I bet you could have used those bear claws and gloves of yours I still got up here!

Very, nice! I had to come back and check your progress. I'm jealous, I had baked chicken for dinner which was good but not pulled pork.

Looks farkin good from here man! That kamado is like a microwave! :shocked:

Here's something that may seem counterintuitive, but might ultimately make your life easier - for cuts like brisket, butts and chuckies, fling the therms and just go by the look and the feel of the meat - be free! Once you build a few hours of rest time into yer cooking day, you have a cushion for things to happen or not happen.

I bet you could have used those bear claws and gloves of yours I still got up here!

Funny you should mention that!!
This morning my wife asked if I would like her to go pick them up for this cook.

I told her, NA, when I'm done it will fall apart and won't need them.

She replied, but they look so cool!!!

I cut it up with my old dull knife that won't cut me in just a couple minuets

Just fell apart!!!!

Have guests from out of town so it could not have gone any better!!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Glad it came out for you. I have never heard of one being probe tender before the stall. The reason why I asked if you trussed it was if it was loose it can cook unevenly.

This is what makes smoking a challenge at times. Way to stick with it. Patience is a virtue.

"You don't win friends with salad!" - Homer Simpson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very, nice! I had to come back and check your progress. I'm jealous, I had baked chicken for dinner which was good but not pulled pork.

Thanks!!!
Smoked some beans on the kettle, pecan wood, while the pork was cooking. Had some coleslaw an some corn. A little BBQ sauce. Just a simple meal. Everyone loved it!!!!

One more thing.
Rubbed with sm cherry, kosher salt and corse pepper. Injected with apple juice, soy sauce, wosthcher sauce, white sugar, table salt. Wrapped the night before with plastic so the injection would hold in. Seemed to work well. So happy with the results!!! Thanks again for all your help. I never could cook anything like this without the help of the brethren on this sight!!! If your not a a member and just a lurker. Join up, and buy a subscription for the year and enjoy the benefits that come with being a member here!!! You want to know how to q right? What you waiting for? It's time to join and you will get the the best help in BBQ then anyplace you can go.

y3aduma6.jpg

qu3uvumy.jpg

Last edited:
Back