• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Stuffed mushrooms done easy for a change.

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
After my Boomer Bacon Bombs! it's no secret that I like me some mushrooms. But, after my last creation, my wife asked, "Can't you make some regular cream cheese stuffed mushrooms for me?" Not being one to disappoint and having mushrooms be on sale at the grocery store, stuffed mushrooms were on the menu! So, here is the recipe for:

Big Butz Stuffed Mushrooms:

9-12 Mushrooms Stemmed and Washed

6 Strips of Bacon

1/2 Block of Cream Cheese

1/4 cup grated Parmesean Cheese

2 Tbs BBQ Sauce

Start by frying up the bacon until it's nice and crispy.
044.jpg

Crumble the bacon bacon into a bowl.
047.jpg

Take the cream cheese and cut it up into cubes then toss into the bowl.
049.jpg

Then comes the BBQ Sauce.
050.jpg

Now the parm!
054.jpg

Next Blend it all together.
055.jpg

Now on to the stuffing! Each of the mushrooms that I had used about a tablespoon full.
060.jpg

Then it was time to cook them! I cooked mine with indirect heat on the grill.
071.jpg

Here they are cooking up with some little steaks I had.
072.jpg

After about 20 minutes of indirect cooking on a high heat grill... Ta da!
080.jpg

081.jpg

They became such good friends with the steaks on the grill, I just had to serve them up together.
083.jpg

085.jpg

These little goodies offer up a great sweet BBQ Sauce flavor, with a creaminess that is balanced out nicely with the salt from the bacon and parmesean. These are a definite party favor! These are one of those guilty treats that you'll find people trying to hide how many they have had in an attempt to maybe snag the last one before it's gone.

I think these look fantastic!:cool: I love simplicity, and enjoy pairings of simple flavors. Things do not need lots of ingredients to be good.:thumb:

I've been a little chicken to use frogmats on the grill. You ever have any problem with them getting too hot? How close to the charcoal do you get them?

Thanks,

JimT

the only things wrong I see is 1) there needs to be more of them, and 2) they are not on my plate...I am going to whip some of those up this week..nicely done

Back