• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My shot at Brunswick Stew

rogwadd

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Allrighty, I'm prepping for a football party where the host is smoking a ham. I had been planning on trying Brunswick Stew for the last few weeks, and this is a good excuse to go with it. My approach is modeled after Brauma's with a bump from Saiko.

Started at 1230 EST. Took the chicken off a bit early after almost 2 hours of smoke. Trying to bump up the temps so I'm not cooking shoulder at 2200.

My supplies
IMG_9113.JPG

My prep. Using Pop Daddy's Butt Glitter on the shoulder and Prok Barrel's rub on the thighs. Smoking in the 22.5 with Kingsford with oak and apple chips wrapped in foil. I've got a story about wood in the metro DC area that I'll have to share in another post.
IMG_9114.JPG

The smoke
IMG_9119.JPG

After about 2 hours and pulling off the chicken. Borrowed a friend's dutch oven and will continue once the shoulder is done. Hopefully, well before 10pm. Want to finish it tonight so I can get some blending of flavors.

IMG_9118.JPG

More to come.

Forgot one pic. As I'm waiting for my fire to settle this older gentleman is starting up his Weber. I've been here for, what, 12 years and only know a few (adjacent neighbors). Went to chat with the guy and he's cooking a pork loin and steaks for his dinner the next several days.

I'm going to venture over there tomoorow with a ziploc of pulled pork and some stew.
IMG_9116.JPG

I'm going to venture over there tomoorow with a ziploc of pulled pork and some stew.[/QUOTE said:
Cool you, very nice.:thumb:

Done

The Brunswick Stew is completed and is simmering. I think I need to get a little moisture in it. Kind of thick.

My shoulder
IMG_9121.JPG

IMG_9125.JPG

My chicken
IMG_9122.JPG

Finis!
IMG_9127.JPG

IMG_9128.JPG

Looks like you have a whole lotta flavor going on, I'd just add water to get the consistency that you want. Looks good!

The Brunswick Stew is completed and is simmering. I think I need to get a little moisture in it. Kind of thick.

My shoulder
IMG_9121.JPG

IMG_9125.JPG

My chicken
IMG_9122.JPG

Finis!
IMG_9127.JPG

IMG_9128.JPG
That looks awesome! I would add some chicken stock to loosen it up a bit instead of water...Flavor Country!!:p

Back