Rate my Cutting Board?

Jeff S.

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Did some cherry Chicken today. Skin is bite thru to the point you cant tell its on there.

My own glaze, My own Rub, My God its good! Juicey, tender, and I waited 20 minutes before eating it. If my family were Judges, Im the King of the World!

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0011-2.jpg

DSC_0010-2.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

Since the garnish shouldnt matter, go easy on me for not laying on the greens.

Jeff

looks great and your family is all that really matters!

I'll tell you what I think if you share how you did it? :p

We can't zero in on chicken to save our lives. Just farkin around up top but do hope you will share. I would give it appearance of 8 simply because it looks a touch candy coated but still an entry I would look forward to eating. Looks great!

Ok

Nice bight through skin for sure. For looks, though, they look too ooy-gooy, icky-sticky for my taste. I would thin try thinning the sauce, and letting it set in the smoker for a while longer.

And if the chicken is really as red as it looks (photos often mess the color up, or it may just be the contrast with the blue board)), I don't find the color very appetizing.

Brett

Now I have to have chicken this weekend with the ribs and q....nicely done!!

Actually photos came out very red, color was more dark. Tried for a bit of shine with the sauce and I think maybe a bit to much made it through.

Looks good bro!! Had some cherry smoked drums for dinner tonight...wouldn't even try to compare them to these thighs!! Sweet lookin' chix!!

I have no idea how they taste or how tender they are but I would give you a 9 because they look absolutely delicious and would really want to have a bite. Unfortunately appearance is such a small part of your overall marks. We have had turns-ins gets all 8's and 9's only to get murdered on taste and tenderness because it was dry.

Awesome input guys! All I can say is the thighs where tender, almost too juicy, and I and the wife felt they had a good blend of flavor. You tasted the chicken as well as the rub, the smoke and the sauce.

Only had just a small amount of heat though. That seems to be, for me at least the hardest peice of the puzzle.

Thanks!

Jeff

AS this is a competition post - the glaze should be set not so wet and dripping. Needs to be in the cooker with the glaze on for at least 20 minutes.

But it is good looking chicken and if put in a nice parsley box it would score well.

Back