poor man's bbq guru

Ok, lets go with less expensive than a bbq guru. Maybe we can discuss your theory of relativity on another thread. I mentioned the guru to establish what I considered to be relatively expensive...

Don't get all hurt. I am delighted by your input, I only wish it contained something that pertained to the subject I am trying to discuss...

Don't get all hurt. I am delighted by your input, I only wish it contained something that pertained to the subject I am trying to discuss...

Being rude to the long term members of the forum probably won't help you. Sarcasm is something hard to type. We should hit the reset on this question and go back to square one.

By the time you cobble together the parts, it will be hard to be substantially less expensive than the commercial offerings from BBQ Guru or Stoker...

Looks like you made the fellow that would have been able to help you mad. I know he would have had the answer as i have seen some of his inventions on this forum.

open-mouth-insert-foot.jpg

I'm thinking of using a controller from an electric skillet to monitor the grill temp, a cooling fan from a computer, and an ac adapter to knock the 110vac from the controller down to 12vdc for the fan.

I'm thinking of using a controller from an electric skillet to monitor the grill temp, a cooling fan from a computer, and an ac adapter to knock the 110vac from the controller down to 12vdc for the fan.

Give it a try and post the results.

Been there done that except I've not bothered making the fan variable speed per temperature input. But I think that could be easily done with a surplus PC power supply.

Last edited:
Ok, lets go with less expensive than a bbq guru. Maybe we can discuss your theory of relativity on another thread. I mentioned the guru to establish what I considered to be relatively expensive...

Noco's the only guy I know of that's actually built a low cost variable speed guru alternative.

Noco's the only guy I know of that's actually built a low cost variable speed guru alternative.

hehe....I believe Norco is the only one that I know of......

There is a lesson to be learned here somewhere......I think it's something like "Don't crap where you eat".....or......"Don't crap too close to your heels".....or......"A rolling stone is worth two in a glass house"......something like that.

Red Neck GURU

Saw this a time back at a buddys house

Dimmer switch was used to controll the bath fan vari speed.
Red Neck Stuff from Florida

Attachments

• stuff 044.jpg
    stuff 044.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 298
I like that one the best. I would welcome Norco to answer any question at any time.
That would be like asking Thirdeye if he has a good recipe for salmon or RDT if he has any experience on a green egg. No offense new bro but lurk a little as the brether are really here to help and also learn from anyone however new or experienced. Stay with us brother!

Back