What's on the 4th of July menu?

Got a chuckie on now.
Will be doing some steamers tomorrow. Mmmm, steamers.
Doing a spatchied chicken, and some smoked + broiled wings.
Oh and some ABTs.

Happy 4th Brethren!!

Overnight tonight is just a brisket and 2 butts. Tomorrow when those finish I have some brats and beans to prepare.

Clams, burgers, hot dogs. Few racks ribs, making it as easy as possible, I'd rather drink

Gonna have to go with some Briskato on my newly built UDS!

It's been ridiculously hot here, I don't think anyone has much of an appetite for hot food and I know the chef doesn't have much interest in standing outside cooking long. I think we're going to keep it classic and simple! Burgers, brats, potato salad, deviled eggs, baked beans, and home made ice cream for dessert. Pretty much everything is made but the meat and the ice cream too so there's not a lot of work to be done either.

I hate City parks! No BBQ on the 4th. So instead we are going to BBQ on the 3rd and have leftover (if there are any) for the 4th

On smoker right now
---------------------
1x 12lb packer brisket (going to be my first try at burnt ends)
2x 10lb Pork buts (pulled pork with a apple vinegar finishing sauce)

on the smoker tomorrow
----------------------------
20x original MOINKS
20x Jalapeno MOINKS
20x Mushroom & cream cheese MOINKS
3x spare ribs (St. Luis/Ribtip)
1x Pepper Jack Cheese Fatty

Sides
------------
Grilled Corn
Red White & Blue Potato Salad (Bacon & Blue cheese Potato Salad)
grilled stuffed mushrooms (cream cheese, olives, bacon)

Since I did brisket for a party last weekend, and I have to do a couple for a party next weekend. I am doing a smoked pork loin and a couple of chickens.

We're going to a friend's house, and bringing the appetizers. abts sweet turds and thanks to Bacon99's inspiration bacon wrapped pineapple.

Cooking ribs, chicken quarters and a pork loin on the lang for the 4th. Deviled eggs, potato salad, bbq baked beans, and Texas toast.

I have a packer brisket and two small boston butts that go on tonight. Thinking a cream cheese and jalapeno fattie along with some ABTs. Hopefully the rain will be kind to me.

For us on the 4th we have 50-60 really hungry folks showin up for (grilled) burgers, brats, wieners and pork steaks and there will be about 60 chicken legs in the smoker. Good luck to all you Brethren and Sisteren that are firing up your arsenals for the holiday weekend!

we have about 30 people coming over
pulled pork
ribs
burgers
hot dogs
beans
sausage
chicken
baked mac
penne ala vodka
corn on the cob
cole slaw
potato salad
oh ya and BEER

Last edited:
First real cook on UDS. (fatty seasoning burn doesn't count does it?)

1 butt, 3 racks of ribs, bunch of country style ribs (some on the grill) and a fatty. Somebody else is doing some sides or something :)

Well, let's see...yesterday I cooked up a couple of pork butts, a whole turkey breast and a cross rib roast. Gonna take it easy today, then do some spare ribs (at least one large rack) and whole chicken legs on the WSM tomorrow. My wife's been offering the WSM up to family and neighbors if they want to bring their own meat to put on, so who knows what else I'll end up keeping an eye on :wink:

We're going to a cook out today, which is why I did pulled pork yesterday, with a coffee sauce. For tomorrow, though, it's just us, and I'm smoking beef ribs with the same rub I used for the pork (coffee, brown sugar, salt, pepper, ancho) but with bourbon as a base to make a wet rub.

And I'm trying a new way of doing a tomato pie.

Cooking for the In-laws this weekend.

Pair of whole roasters with 3 Eyes rub just put on now.
After the birds come off... a pair of butts with SM Cherry for tomorrow.
Pork spares for lunch and 12 lbs of London Broil for dinner on FIL's birthday on the fith.
[He's getting his own 1 lb. T-bone for himself.]

Last edited:
Back