Tiny Briskets

milehigh

is Blowin Smoke!
Walking through the warehouse store this morning, i noticed they had briskets for the first time since opening. They were small,not very thick, averaging around 5-6 lbs. and had the "great for bbq" stickers on them. Packed on the 16th and sell by the 30th. Figured if i held out, they might give them away. Anyone seen full briskets this small?

Paul

Our local Costco sells flats that are like that. about 1" thick sometimes.

I'm wondering how many people are going to pick up a brisket because of the "great for bbq" sticker and cook it with direct heat on a gasser. I'm hoping they saw that america's test kitchen episode where they show you how to finish it in the oven.

The first time I had my butcher get me a "prime" grade brisket it was about 7 pounds, pretty small for a whole packer.

I did a 4.5lb prime packer once. Should have made burgers with it. Too small and flat was too thin.

My local Sams carries small flats just as you described. They cook up a bit quicker than a packer but taste just fine IMO. I was actually thinking of cooking one up this weekend if I get a chance.

Back