4lb center cut pork roast -need recipes!!!

S4vant

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Guys, I'm making a 4lb center cut pork roast tomorrow, and am looking for some recipes. Unfortunately, this will have to be on my gasser because my WSM is temporarily out of commission due to Sandy.

I have done a pork roast of this size on the gasser before, but cannot find the recipe for the rub, all I remember about it was that if had brown sugar in it.

Any ideas?

For a simple and delicious rub mix equal parts kosher salt, black pepper, brown sugar, smoked paprika, 1/8 part granulated garlic, 1/8 part granulated onion, 1/8 part cumin, 1/16 part cayenne pepper.

Yeah I have one. Stuff with pork sausage, wrap in bacon, grill and give it a light glaze with something sweet with a touch of heat.
weber4sale010.jpg

Gonna try Boshizzle's rub. Any ideas on cooking time? I figure I'll give it a high heat sear on all sides and then put it in the middle for indirect cooking, but @ what temp, and I'm not sure how much time to budget. Thanks guys!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

WHat cut?

Oops, just realized "centre cut" must be a US cut...never heard of it, sorry

I think it is a center cut pork loin. Basically the middle section of a whole pork loin.

Back