• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Yoder probe ports

nucornhusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Do any of you with a Yoder pit, wood or pellet, have their thermometer probe port installed as an option?

If so, can you post a picture of it for me please? I'm curious how many Maverick probes I can fit through one probe port. I'm not talking about the pit thermometer port, but the optional port you can have them install if you want to run a food probe into the pit.

Thank you in advance.

Hate to dig up an old thread...but just waiting on my YS640 and wondering the same thing. Ordered 1 port and now thinking I might need two. I just purchased a Thermoworks TW8060 with the High temp probes kit. They are substantialy heavier cables than my Maverick ET-733. Ever snap them photos? Or just know...

Thanks

I have 2 probe ports on my YS640. Each one can accommodate two (2) probes. I have a Tappecue, and run up to 4 probes. Highly recommended!

Hate to dig up an old thread...but just waiting on my YS640 and wondering the same thing. Ordered 1 port and now thinking I might need two. I just purchased a Thermoworks TW8060 with the High temp probes kit. They are substantialy heavier cables than my Maverick ET-733. Ever snap them photos? Or just know...

Thanks

Just read your post more closely. I don't know how thick your probe cables are, but you might be able to get both into a single port. Loosen the lock nut completely to decompress the internal gasket, and run one probe through at a time. Then snug up the nut.

I think you'll be alright!:thumb:

Thanks for the quick response! I never run more than 2 probes so i guess i will take my chances with the single port.

Please post a pic of the results. I'd like to see those high-temp cables...and your new YS640! You're gonna love it!

I am able to get 3 maverick probes thru my YS640 port at once. snug but they fit.

I am picking my YS640up this Wednesday from All Things BBQ. Will pack the probes with me to make sure. Pretty impressive store and teaching kitchen the Cary's have in Wichita! Just wish i had looked when i was up there last time for a class.:doh:

Sounds like one will be enough...

Edit: I will post some pics and maybe some dimensional data!

Thanks everybody!

They have an inner gasket, for lack of a better word, that is removable. As is the entire cap, so you can use each port in three different diameters: gasket in/cap on, gasket out/cap on, gasket out, cap off. I had two on my YS640, only got one when I upgraded to the YS1500. I really only use it for specific cuts like rib roast, pork loin, etc. I'm glad I have it, but it doesn't get a lot of use on mine.

Can anyone who has the probe port post a few pics of it? I'm looking to install one on my Yoder but I'd like to see where and what before I start drilling.

I've got pics of a YS640, but could have pics of a YS1500 or Kingman with ports. Which do you want to see?

Something like this?

dsc_1461.jpg

DSC_1465.JPG

Do any of you with a Yoder pit, wood or pellet, have their thermometer probe port installed as an option?

If so, can you post a picture of it for me please? I'm curious how many Maverick probes I can fit through one probe port. I'm not talking about the pit thermometer port, but the optional port you can have them install if you want to run a food probe into the pit.

Thank you in advance.

nucornhusker I just bought one of the Yoder Ports and installed in on my Weber Performer last weekend. A bit expensive but it works like a champ.
They install in a 5/8 " hole and are fairly good sized. I bet you could get at least 4 probes in one of these maybe more. I have a thread on the installation here.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3027458

Here's a pic of 2 CyberQ Thermocouple wires going through the port.

DSC053980002.jpg

nucornhusker I just bought one of the Yoder Ports and installed in on my Weber Performer last weekend. A bit expensive but it works like a champ.
They install in a 5/8 " hole and are fairly good sized. I bet you could get at least 4 probes in one of these maybe more. I have a thread on the installation here.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3027458

Here's a pic of 2 CyberQ Thermocouple wires going through the port.

DSC053980002.jpg

Thanks. Except your reply is about a year and a half too late. :wink: :mrgreen:

Thanks. Except your reply is about a year and a half too late. :wink: :mrgreen:

:grin: Wow, missed that completely! How embarrassing. But while I've got your attention, thanks so much for all the great posts on the YS 640 and YS 1500. They helped greatly with my decision to order a 640 last month.

Back