Thermoworks Super Fast mini thermometer

I have bought enough thermometers to buy a thermapen. If I buy another... it will be a thermapen.

They released the Thermapop several months after i bought a backlit thermapen. I used the rt600c for a couple of years and loved it, but it lacked the backlight function and the numbers are small on the screen. I've had buyer's remorse ever since I bought the Thermapen, since I think it is much more expensive than the rt600c, but only slightly better. I would have bought a Thermapop if they had been available at the time.

Model # RT301WA

Good 4 second readings for 20 dollars

I saw those and thought about buying several for gifts down the road, when I bought my open box thermapen on the cheap.

I like the white thermaworks I show in a recent thread, I think it was about 40.00 when I bought it, the only thing I would like to do, is get one of the k type probes on a coil or wire, so I can reach in the smoker and hold the gauge out where I can read it, keeping it out of the heat and smoke as well. It has served me very well, and lasted much longer than any other temp prob I have had, and I have had more than I care to admit.
Dave

Acutely I was talking about the thermapop talked about above, for gifts not the one I replied to sorry. But I think that one is just as good.
dave

I had tried about 4 meat thermometers.
Some were fast, some not so fast.
They all failed after a year.
The failures cost me $$$ in meat.
Got a red thermapen over a year ago.
It's stable and fast and still works.
Use it weekly:heh:
$$ is not all about the speed but the accuracy and stability of the thermometer.
I guess you get what you pay for:tape:

The ThermoPops work great. They are backlit and are $24. They take 5-6 seconds
to read. Thermoworks is a good reliable company.

I have a Thermopop and love it. Quick read outs, back lit, and auto off feature. Would highly recommend.

So pretty much this thread says "as long as it's made by Thermoworks, it's all good"
Yup

I'll have to pop on the pop for that price!
You won't be disappointed by any means. I think they are just as good as the thermapens. technically they are a tad slower and tad less accurate but the reality is they are still super fast and more than accurate enough for what is required for our cooking purposes.

The ThermoPops work great. They are backlit and are $24. They take 5-6 seconds
to read. Thermoworks is a good reliable company.
And you can rotate the display to four different angles to view it right side up. No need to contort your neck or read upside down just because of your angle of attack. Not the biggest selling point of the thermapops but it really is a nice convenience feature to have over other models a few bucks less.

Also, since you to pay for shipping, make sure you're buying through the Thermoworks website to get the best shipping price. Those Amazon pages (while sold by Thermoworks) have more expensive shipping; you can get ground shipping for $2.99 on their site.

Back