Boneless/skinless breast ideas

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Any ideas out there to spruce up boneless/skinless chicken breast? Still trying to fit in more healthy food from the smoker or grill. Should I even worry about brining them? I usually grill them from frozen.

Any ideas out there to spruce up boneless/skinless chicken breast? Still trying to fit in more healthy food from the smoker or grill. Should I even worry about brining them? I usually grill them from frozen.

Make pinwheels with peppers.

Cut into strips. Marinade in Italian dressing. Roll up with toothpick. Wrap in bacon. Grill. I like to add couple squirts of Worcestershire to the dressing.

Get 2 lemons
Zest,
then juice them
put it non-reactive container
add olive oil
Kosher salt
fresh ground pepper
rosemary
mix well
let sit for a few hours
Slap on grill
enjoy

I make this all time and my picky kids love it.

Brining is certainly worthwhile, if you tend to dry them out on the grill, or you have some one you are cooking for that wants "to be sure" they are fully cooked.

I use Italian or a Balsamic salad dressing for a marinade some, and teriyaki sauce works too.

For a change up, we will lay a slice of smoked cheese on top of the breasts to melt just as they are coming off the grill.

Ok, here is one to try.
Sorry about all the extra cooking instructions, but recipe was developed for all users, not just us fanitical wood burners.:mrgreen:

Apricot-Honey Chicken Poupon

Recipe By :John Bailey
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:10
Categories : BSB Grill/Outdoor Cooking

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup Honey Mustard -- Grey Poupon
4 Tablespoons Apricot preserves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
salt and pepper -- to taste

Whisk Honey Mustard, Apricot Preserves, and ground ginger together in small bowl.
Let stand at room temperature for flavors to blend.

Light charcoal fire or preheat gas grill, or preheat counter-top electric grill[George Foreman]

Season Chicken breasts as desired with salt and pepper.

Start chicken grilling over medium-low fire. Grill 6-8 minutes per side. Brush top with glaze when you turn chicken. When chicken is almost done, turn and brush with glaze on both sides several times to develop a caramelized glaze.

Serve hot. Makes four servings

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 266 Calories; 5g Fat (15.5% calories from fat); 42g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 527mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

Pound it thin, season, then layer with thin proscuitto, basil, & provolone. Roll it up, toothpick/skewer to keep closed, and grill/smoke.

Lotsa other fillings work too...
Asian:ginger/garlic/sesame, glaze with hoisin/soy/pineapple juice. Side: Pan Fried Rice
Greek: Spinach leaves, feta cheese, pine nuts. Side: Pita Chips & Hummus
Italian: pesto & asiago cheese, roma tomato slices. Side: Angel Hair, w. Garlic & EVOO
Thai: Spicy Peanut/Sesame w/ Ginger & Green Onions.
Texas: Dont roll at all, pound, then batter & fry. top with cream gravy (LOL!) Side: Mashed Taters

get a good Caesar salad dressing and give the breasts a soak for 3-4 hours. Grill and serve with the a salad and grilled corn.

nbbII-001.jpg

bignakedbuffalobutt-022_2.jpg

bignakedbuffalobutt-007.jpg

bignakedbuffalobutt-022.jpg

bnbbIII-001.jpg

I have made lots of things with them. Basic preparations I do are brining to keep them moist, and then either smoking with a little oil or on a bed of aromatic veggies and herb, or grilling over hardwood coals at high temps. Both impart a smoky flavor and give a most tender product. How you want to flare it up from there you have many, many options.

Those photos above have me drooling.

you're killin' me rick! what all ya use to stuff them babies??

you're killin' me rick! what all ya use to stuff them babies??

those are a modification of somtheing i saw on this forum called wildthings by gunrunner2491. i call them big naked buffalo butts (bnbb)! heheh

here's the original threads:

bnbb one

bnbb two

Oh man Rick (or is it now turdking?) those looks so good. How about a couple of hints on how you did that...

How about fajitas? Give the chickie chests a nice relaxing bath in some mojo criollo or a fajita marinade and then grill along with some peppers and onions also marinaded in the mojo criollo.

You could also stuff them with lots of thing. Lay the breast flat and cut a pocket in it with a sharp knife and then add your favorite stuff. Then you can close the slit with toothpicks or butcher's twine or food loops and bake, grill, whatever...

Get thick boneless and skinless breasts. Slice em open with a paring knife and insert some cold cuts (I like prosciutto, capicola) with cheese (goat, provolone). Close them back up and be proud you've just negated the health benefits of skinless chicken breasts.

Also check out Raichlen's TARRAGON CHICKEN PAILLARDS recipe:

http://www.bbqu.net/season4/412_4.html

Back