Generators

IowaWildHogsBbq

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Not sure where to put this post I thought I would throw it in here for now. My question is I am looking at getting a honda generator this year. What size would you recommend I am running air condition and a fridge lights all that stuff 22 ft camper.

Water heater gas or electric? Sometimes it can make a difference.

A guy here was trying to do just what you are and his eu3000 wouldn't get it done. He now uses an eu6500 and it just idles along quietly making power all day long. He runs a roadside setup and uses the chit out of it.

Decide on what you will need to run. We use two honda's linked together but you can buy one larger generator much cheaper. We wanted something very quite. Having a quite generator on our site didnt help. Everyone elses are very noisy. So get the biggest you can afford if space is not a problem.

Honda 2000 (2) You can connect in-line, gives you more options for power outages at home.

Our 3000 runs the 32' fifth wheel with the A/c on. We don't use the electric part of the hot water heater, just run it on gas.

i use a eu3000..(runs at 2600Watts continous, 3000 watt peak). I run a hot water heater and a full size fridge, all my lighting, stereo, computer, xbox and flat screen and the FE100. if the hot water heater is not actually cycled on and heating, the unit spends most of its time on idle... and It sips gas.,...I get thru an entire weekend with a little over 5 gallons. If i need to run the Air conditioning, i shut off the hot water heater. All else keeps running.

2 EU2000s hooked together will give more power, but use more fuel and you will need the external tank adapter. 2 units and the parrallel kit will run more $$$ that one eu3000.

the champion line has 2000 watt inverters that can be paralleled and will push 3200W tied together,

The air conditioner is what pushes you above the 2000. We run everything on a EUi2000, fridge, computer, stoker, fec, rotisserie on Kingfisher and lights. If we are going to need the air conditioner we hook 2 2000s together.

If you decide on the (2) 2000's. I know somebody that may be looking to sell both their 2000's. Shoot me a PM if you need more info or decide to go that route.

I can run my fridge and my water heater on propane how much propane would I burn then I could probaly get by with a 2000

Having a quiet generator on our site didnt help. Everyone elses are very noisy. So get the biggest you can afford if space is not a problem.

I have to respectfully disagree with this. Noisy generators are hugely, IMHO, disrespectful of fellow cooks, especially at night during what's supposed to be quiet time.

We're not made of money, but I invested in the 2000 lite honda, because it was enough power for both our comp needs, AND, to keep our fridge, freezer, and some lights going when the power goes out at home. And it's worth every nickel.

Most comps we've been to where someone was using a loud generator were told to shut it off after quiet time started, although there have been some suggestions.

iwould get a eu6500is ,honda plenty of power for u with some to spare,,check out speedway sales good prices:becky:

The fridge will run forever on propane. Very efficient. If you turn off water heater when done, a full tank will last a long time. A 3000 should work for you. Although I also have a 6500, I often just carry my 3000 if I won't be running my 2nd AC.

Back