Weber rotisserie ?

B

Big2ue

Can it be used on UDS without to many modifications having to be made.

I seem to remember Cajun Bandit, or another company making a rotisserie ring for a UDS.

a store bought rotisserie and a new drum may be cheaper. just make a rotisserie drum (if you have room to store it).

It deepends on the diameter of your drum.

Do a search for swamprb's soon to be patented Weber Flange Mod.

i've seen a UDS with the cajun bandit rotisserie on it, but i don't know much about UDSs

i have a cajun bandit rotisserie though (LOVE IT) and will gladly measure for you if you want.

OK- so here's the deal.

Not all drums are created equal, some open top drums might accept a Weber lid, but unfortunately none of the 55 gal. I have do.

So I created the soon to be patented Weber Flange Mod!

I cut the lip off a donor kettle and set it in the open drum. Some but not all fit securely, but mine do. Some here have used gasket material or just bolted them onto their drums.
100_1640.jpg

100_2083.jpg

100_2247.jpg

I've made them for closed drums-the flange helps keep drippings from flowing over the outside of the drum and make a secure fit for the Weber lid AND various rotisserie ring setups.

Here is REDRUM with the flange mod and the EZ-Que ring
IMG_3184.jpg

FUGLYDrum with the flange and the Weber ring
IMG_1017.jpg

REDRUM with the Cajun Bandit Reversible Rotis ring
IMG_3147.jpg

I use only square spit rods and round the edges that rotate on the rings down on a grinder.
Stay away from round stock, unless you flatten the spit fork thumbscrew points (Rib-O-Lator, Char-Broil Baskets too) on the round rod.

The EZ-Que/Weber cradles use round stock and I sometimes use a ferrule to keep them from coming loose from the motor.

Works for me, and I just remove the flange and can use the drum lid the way it was meant to.
100_1644.jpg

100_1639.jpg

100_1638.jpg

Mine does not fit my UDS. Got one on sale and I couldn't pass it up. IF i had to do it over i would have just bought another drum(w/ 3 bumps) and made a ring. That way it would fit both. The weber ring leaks like a s.o.b on the kettle as well, ending up modding it. my 2 cents.

Mine does not fit my UDS. Got one on sale and I couldn't pass it up. IF i had to do it over i would have just bought another drum(w/ 3 bumps) and made a ring. That way it would fit both. The weber ring leaks like a s.o.b on the kettle as well, ending up modding it. my 2 cents.

The only ring that doesn't have a gap is the Cajun Bandit WSM/Kettle ring. It fits tight on them all. But you will get smoke from the spit/motor mount holes (4 of them) I cover 2 of them up with a small metal plate that is secured with bolts/wing nuts and a hole plug and switch them around depending what cooker is being used.

The gap on the Weber and EZ-Que has never been an issue for me, as it helps keep the temps in the grilling range- indirect grilling.

Back