Where to find brisket packers in Detroit area?

szac

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Damned Wall Mart is continually out of stock. I'm kicking myself for not grabbing one when I was there last saturday.

Any help in finding one would be great as we're hosting Father's day bbq this weekend and I've been talking it up!

There are Restaurant Depots in Troy and Dearborn. If you have a KCBS membership or have a business (or know someone that does) you can shop there. :cool:

If you are out the Macomb County way; Messina Meats located on the NW corner of 21 Mile & Hayes sells USDA Choice packer briskets.

Awesome! Thanks for the info, fellas.

Never heard of messina and i live 3 miles from there.. thanks for the tip.. i need to checkout their butts

Thanks for the tip on messina... went in there today needing some meat for jerky.. wasn't sure on the cut, guy says "you want cow knuckle" and from the look on my face they started laughing.. cause of course im thinking.. hmm cows have hooves.. and i sure hope this isn't gonna be ankle meat...

but.. he pulled out a perfect 14lb ball of straight grain meat with almost zero fat.. perfect jerky meat:)

Back