First Call....Wait, There's a problem

Steve_M9

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Got my first call this weekend and I must say that it was pretty cool to hear my name called and people clapping. They called us for 2nd place.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM: the category was wild game and we did NOT turn in in this category. had a great idea but the teammate bringing the game couldn't make it.

I did not go up and accept anything because it would have been wrong obviously. Has anyone ever experienced a situation like this? How was it handled? Could they have mixed up categories for the awards part?

Very strange indeed!

Woooh! Now that's a problem. Like Captain Ron asked, did you talk to the organizers and what was the outcome?

Hope ya'll didn't get washed away! Hope the cookoff at least raised some cash.

Steve, you had a great idea for that comp, bummer about not getting in. Wondering if you got 2nd is something else?

You need to talk to the organizer. What if the numbering system got messed up and you should have walked in something else, but they don't know.

We did briefly talk to the organizers and I am satisfied they will figure it all out. The main point of the post was the question if anyone has ever encountered this before?

This comp had 61 teams at it. It was a charity event but had regular judges from what I understand. My first hope was that maybe the category results were mixed up. There was no prize money and the whole point of the comp was rising money for charity. Final numbers aren't in yet but it raised over $56,000 last year and this year should be even better, so winning wasn't the only focus.

Seemed trivial to dispute or question too much in this circumstance. Mainly I was curious if this has happened before or do I have truly "unique" Que?

BTW, the charity is www.campcraigallen.org

Steve

I've seen it happen, I wasn't involved so I can't offer a comment. But It must have been awkward for the person that got called and accepted and the person that saw their score after the fact and didn't get the call and had to bring it to the attention of the organizers.

Saw it happen this year at Sedalia contest...of course that contest was screwed up all around....but someone walked in dessert and didn't turn one in.......

Back