Smoke King Deluxe

S

slat

What kind of prices have you guys been finding on the Smoke King Deluxe? I'm finding them in my area for $219.00. If anyone is in the market.

For the first time since I bought mine in Feb. there were some in stock @ the Lowes where I got mine. Same $249 I paid then.

parrothead said:
I just came back from Home Depot and they are selling them for $175

Home depot in Cali has nothing like them. Buncha gas grillin farkers!

What is y'alls opinions on the Smoke King Deluxe? I understand that it's a "flipped Bandera", but does it require all of the mods, too? There's one on sale here for about $180 -- is it worth shoveling the snow out of the back of my truck and going over to pick it up, already assembled?

Aebs, Troutman would probably be best qualified to answer this as he used to have one of each. I have a BSKD and I got to help Kick cook on his at a contest this past summer. Same cooker. There are some minor differences, the 'dera fire box is a little more user friendly and the smokebox is a bit nicer on the Brinkmann.

Mods required on both. At that price I'd grab it up. If you don't have gargage space for it grab a HD grill cover or tarp and some rope or bungees to hold it on while you're there.

Aebs,

If you have the $$ and are in the need of one do it. The SKD is made the way the older 'dera was with heavy steel not the light crap that the new ones has (had?) And as Scott said each one had pros and cons which I will not get in too for fear of starting a flame war. Bottom line is get the on that you can find do the mod's (because they are needed) and cook and have fun.

Trout.

Gentlemen,

Thank you. I'm on my way out the door now to go pick it up. Your advice is very much appreciated. My wife will just have to park in the driveway while I store this beast in the garage until I can get enough of the back patio shoveled off and season it.

Mike

Back