Team Oakridge BBQ Mid-Year Recap

kcmike

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Wow, I am deeply humbled by the results Team Oakridge BBQ has been posting this year! My hat is off to each and every member of our sponsorship team, they are all TRULY AWESOME!! Please join me in congratulating each and every one of them!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Without further ado, here's our Team Highlights for January thru July, 2012...
  • TWELVE Grand Champions!
  • SIX Reserve Grand Champions!
  • 5 Third Place Overall Calls
  • 9 First Place Chicken Calls (22 Top Three Chicken Calls)
  • 7 First Place Rib Calls (18 Top Three Rib Calls)
  • 7 First Place Pork Calls (16 Top Three Pork Calls)
  • 2 First Place Brisket Calls (12 Top Three Brisket Calls)
  • A Total of 261 Top Ten Calls so far this year!!! That's 45 more than we had all last year!!

Here's our Team Points Breakdown, CONGRATS to everyone!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: If you see any of these fine folks on the contest trail, be sure to stop by and say "Hi"!

7644351640_bc9a2d8401_b.jpg

Thanks everyone.

I am also proud to mention that one of our teams, IAB 30, is also ranked in the top 25 in KCBS points in TWO CATEGORIES! They're currently listed as 9th in Ribs and 21st in Brisket. I know we have other teams who are also way up there in the points, but I can't find their statistics at the moment.

I can't say enough how much of a Blessing it has been to have each and every one of these teams represent Oakridge BBQ! :thumb: :thumb:

Mike, I had a chance to try some of your rubs in Wildwood, NJ recently when we competed next to Pigheaded BBQ and I have to say you have a real fine product. The scores really prove that. And what do you know, Pigheaded got 2 calls in that contest including 1st place chicken. I will be ordering some very soon.

I've been asked to provide some additional statics via PM:
Something that would help me think in terms of statistics would be some extra variables added in. If you could share the total number of teams using your products in comps, and the total number of comps these teams have competed in this year to acheive those outstanding success numbers. Just trying to see for example if all together they have cooked in 100 comps (5 per team, 20 teams), 12 GC, 6 RGC, etc...This would help gauge how successful people are using your products. For example those numbers would appear better if it encompassed 50 comps rather than 250 comps, see what I mean? Thanks! K
So, I thought I'd post those here for everyone to see...

Assumptions: This does not include teams using Oakridge who are not officially sponsored (there are many). Also, these numbers are 100% exclusively Oakridge BBQ Top Ten calls only. Any sponsored team calls where other rubs were used or calls lower than 10th place have been excluded.

Our total roster is 38 teams deep.

Of those 38 teams, 30 of them have competed at least one contest this year for a total of 94 contests so far.

That gives you an average of 3.133 contests per team, an average of 2.77 calls per contest, and an average of 8.7 top ten calls per team. Not too shabby...

However, those numbers can be a bit misleading since some teams have competed in as many as 11 contests already this year and others have only one or none under their belt so far.

So, if you look at it this way, we have 18 teams with three or more contests this year that have contributed to a majority (82.8829%) of the current contest load, and of those 18 teams, they lay claim to 226 (or 86.6%) of the total 261 top ten calls.

So, for our 18 teams actively competing, they average 2.45 top ten calls per contest, and 12.56 top ten calls per team.

I think those are pretty good numbers. I know if I were competing, I'd sure like to have an average of 2.45 top ten calls per contest... :becky:

Here's the raw data if you'd like to take a closer look...

Team Oakridge BBQ Top Ten Awards Detail Spreadsheet

Back