American Royal Sauce & Rub Winners

Great job, Jay and congrats to all of Team Q! Always good to see you all. Will always think of you when I see a paper plate!

Way to go Jay!!:eusa_clap

Just used some on ribeye's on the grill a couple of days ago!!

Good stuff!!:-D

Hope the guys chained about 50 lbs. of angle iron to your leg to keep you from floating away Jay. Congrats to all of you guys on a great weekend!

Way to go Spice Diddy! King of the Phil reach around! You have mastered the "rub" as well! Congrats!

BTW.....I told T of your award....she says"so should we switch to his rub?" I said"no, let have a little advantage over us......LOL."

Incredible showing Jay!

WTG and a well deserved reward for your hard work!

TIM

Congrats Jay! Foe those that havent tried jays rubs its a must. Just take a jar of his and put it next to a few other and you see even the quality of his ingredients is top notch. It can be used on anything even eaten with a spoon.

Congrats Jay - You should get Guy to do an endorsement for you.

Ok, I just spit my beer out no fair. I know nobody else gets it. Jay and Guy are BFF. Best Friends Forever.
(I was the guy with you guys when he was screwing with the drunk guy in the chair Thursday night.)

Barbecue sauce creator cooks up national title with Heffer Dust rub

By REBECCA LAYNE
October 11, 2007 | 5:14 p.m. CST
COLUMBIA — Spicewine Ironworks, a Columbia barbecue sauce and spice and meat smoker manufacturer, has won “Best BBQ Rub in the World” at the American Royal BBQ World Championships.
Jay Curry, one of the owners, created the winning rub: Heffer Dust.
The title comes with a prize of $250. Spicewine competed last weekend in the sauce and rub category with 200 participants, which included Food Network cooks and the famous grillmeister, Dr. BBQ.
Last year, Curry placed fifth with his company’s Blue Collar sauce and 12th with its Sweet Heat sauce.
Curry’s Heffer Dust is a multidimensional rub that can be used on various meats.
“It’s a kind of an everything, all-purpose type of rub. It can be used on beef, lamb, pork ... anything,” Curry said.
The award-winning rub took Curry two years to master. Those two years came with heavy sampling and many attempts at perfection.
“It’s a lot of trial-and-error, and a lot of it hit the trash can before it was done,” Curry said.
Curry’s goals for the Spicewine Ironworks in the future include increased focus on his sauces.
“There has been a 180 percent increase on just our cookers,” Curry said. “I have had no time to market sauces. I would really like to expand the sauce to a broader market.”
Spicewine Ironworks products can be found at Schnucks, Buckingham’s Smokehouse BBQ, Hy-Vee and online.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/s...ue-sauce-creator-cooks-national-title-heffer/

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!....ANyone have the full results from the sauce catagories...Last year they had the full list. this year just the winners....

Congrats Jay! For those that havent tried jays rubs its a must. Just take a jar of his and put it next to a few other and you see even the quality of his ingredients is top notch. It can be used on anything even eaten with a spoon.

Michele hides Jays rubs because I do just that, I eat it with a spoon!

Back