Smoked Chicken Enchilada Soup w/Pics

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
This is an update of a thread started here (no real reason to look at it unless you really want to):
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172829

Most of the recipes call for boneless & skinless chicken breast meat but I started with some leftover smoked chicken quarters and broke them down into edible chunks.
001_zps60f9d60b.jpg

007_zps70ef8162.jpg

If you are interested in details, do an internet search on "Chilis Chicken Enchilada Soup", that is where I started. Here are the players. I added some southwestern corn to the traditional recipe mix, promised mom we would have some veggies while she was gone.
002_zps19386fd4.jpg

Began rendering some Chourizo (why would you saute veggies in oil when you have a chance to add flavor) and added the onions, garlic & jalapenos.
005_zps0072d943.jpg

Everybody in the pot and bring it to a simmer.
006_zpse159c9c9.jpg

Added the chicken.
009_zps44f324f0.jpg

It's simmering for 30-40 minutes but I've already done a taster, really good and yep, can definitely taste the smoked chicken flavors!

Thanks for lookin.

Just made some smoked chick noodle soup on Monday. Thanks for this, I still have 1.5 PBC smoked yardbird in the freezer that I wanted to do chicken tortilla soup, but yours looks positively Nomz.

Just made some smoked chick noodle soup on Monday. Thanks for this, I still have 1.5 PBC smoked yardbird in the freezer that I wanted to do chicken tortilla soup, but yours looks positively Nomz.

This one has enough cheese to plug ........ well QT is a family site but suffice it to say there are other less constipated recipes. The texture is more like a thick stew or chili. We like it but may not be for everybody.

That looks amazing my friend!
And you were asking us for ideas :laugh:

And good job keeping the promise to eat your veggies. Mama will be happy..........

And we all know how important that is :mrgreen:

Looks fantastic Dave! I thought I was the only one who drank wine on the rocks in a red solo cup. :-D :cool:

Back