Smoked Chicken with a Mayo based sauce?

B

Burk504

Forgive my lack of searching skills, but someone on here posted recently posted some awesome pron of a cook he did of a chicken. He explained a slather of some sort that was based mainly on mayo.

Can anyone repost that or send me the link? I want to cook it today and will repay you with some pron of the project. Thanks!

DSC03857a.jpg

If it was a recent post I must have missed that one..... I have done chicken with a mayo slather and I believe it was tjv that posted about it. I haven't done it in a long time, thanks for bringing this back up.
DSC03832a.jpg

Alabama white sauce. Pretty popular to use mayonaise with chicken in parts of Alabama.

I've done it before and it tasted good. My mayo sauce sorta tasted a lot like cole slaw dressing. Mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt & black pepper.

I posted one bout 3 weeks ago. deguerre posted the link to it. Also if you go to my web site http://grillofmydreams.bluedisk.org and on the left side of the page is the menu options. Its under food for thought and is called roasted chipotle chicken. Or you could do a search for it on my ste as well.

it was good stuff.

mayo slathered on chicken is a good old fashioned white trash bbq. i love it.

I did one with Mayo slather and the other with a combo of Emeril's Essence and Stubb's Rosemary-Ginger rub (which the wife loves!). The cornish hen is for the kids.

They will be coming off soon but thought I'd go ahead and post this pre-cook pron.
mayo-rub-chicken003.jpg

mayo-rub-chicken014.jpg

Back